Esteemed Contributor

Great news on the 1-antlered buck

I saw him again today for the first time since I took the picture a few weeks ago.  The curved antler is still there, BUT it is loose and floppy...no longer near the eye.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Great news on the 1-antlered buck

@MamaWick wrote:

I saw him again today for the first time since I took the picture a few weeks ago.  The curved antler is still there, BUT it is loose and floppy...no longer near the eye.

I am so glad! I get co-dependant when I read about stories like that so I worried abut the little guy. Hope it just falls off and he can grow a new one or just be a uni-deer.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Good to read.  At some point it will either fall off of its own accord, or he can rub it against a tree for complete disattachment.

Esteemed Contributor

All bucks lose their antlers after the rut (around the first of November to the first of January here in Texas).  Usually late winter/early spring when we find antlers in our yard and collect them.  This past spring, we had 2 different ones.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Oh, Thank You for letting us know that!!  I had actually seen that and it just broke my heart (yeah, I'm super sensitive when it comes to animals) and had to try and work on not thinking about it because I was so scared for him.

Heart

Honored Contributor

That is good,now if they all can stay away from hunters!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

All bucks lose their antlers after the rut (around the first of November to the first of January here in Texas).  Usually late winter/early spring when we find antlers in our yard and collect them.  This past spring, we had 2 different ones.

My dogs would love those.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick Just want to say that although I don't always post a response, I thoroughly enjoy your posts and photos. Really cheers me up! Thank you so so much, you are a love. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  no hunting here.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Thank you so much for posting about the guy with the in-grown

antler.  He has been pressing on my mind, I was concerned that he might lose that eye.   What good news to know that it is going to fix it’s self!

I so enjoy your deer family, and thank you for sharing them.  

Your part of Texas is very different from what I’ve seen, all green with trees.  I’ve only seen the scrubby, rocky part, where ever you are, you found a very pretty spot.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras