Trusted Contributor

So we went out to Costco today in the pouring rain.  I found lots of great things but I was so excited to find Junior's plain cheesecakes for $9 97!!  I guess they are getting rid of them .  We bought two. They are good  in the fridge until 10/10 but can be frozen for up to 6 months.  So I am freezing one for the holidays. I haven't had Junior's cheesecakes for years!  So excited!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Great deal at Costco today

Our Costco (up state SC) hasn't had Junior's cheesecakes yet.  I've been checking since we like to have a small treat several times a week after dinner and Junior's is a favorite for us.   Lots of other goodies so will just keep checking.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Costco's brand cheesecake is delicious.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

Costco's brand cheesecake is delicious.

I agree. I like it better than Junior's and it is a very reasonable price. I always take one to an annual pot luck I attend in October and it's usually the first food eaten up.

Trusted Contributor

My Costco had frozen mini cheesecakes by Juniors but none in the cold case, just Costco's big cheesecake.

But, I did get a very nice Columbia fleece jacket for $30 and it's not that Sherpa stuff QVC calls fleece.

Honored Contributor

@River Song wrote:

My Costco had frozen mini cheesecakes by Juniors but none in the cold case, just Costco's big cheesecake.

But, I did get a very nice Columbia fleece jacket for $30 and it's not that Sherpa stuff QVC calls fleece.

@River Song I would prefer the minis.  A whole cheesecake is too much for just the two of us even for the holidays.  Only my daughter seems to like desserts, although my grandson decided he liked one of those minis a few years ago when I bought some from the Q. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, you got a good deal.  I bet their gasoline was also priced competitively.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@River Song wrote:

@River Song I would prefer the minis.  A whole cheesecake is too much for just the two of us even for the holidays.  Only my daughter seems to like desserts, although my grandson decided he liked one of those minis a few years ago when I bought some from the Q. 

I'm by myself and there is no way I could eat a whole cheesecake by myself so the minis looked appealing.  I almost bought them today, but I really don't need to be eating cheesecake, lol.  I'm going to wait until hurricane season is over and hope they're still in the freezer case.  I need to eat gluten free and the ingredients didn't include any gluten, so yay, finally a cheesecake I can eat without having to make it myself.

Respected Contributor

I buy Costco's plain cheesecake, cut it in slices, and put in the freezer. We can pull one slice out and it thaws in minutes. Lasts a long time since the cheesecake is large. I put each slice on a small paper plate, slide into a freezer bag, and it's ready to freeze. Portion control!

Respected Contributor

the gas at Costco is always about 8-10 cents a gallon cheaper. I must use premium gas so have been buying it there for years.