Honored Contributor

Good news indeed.  I have just loved looking at my shorter bangs with no "roots" showing for the past six days.  Such a great feeling of being normal again!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My hairdressers just called and I have an appointment June third. I'm so tired of the  mess that is my hair, I'm just so happy. I guess Gov. Cuomo gave the go ahead, we must wear masks and one customer at a time. Her scheduling is a nightmare, but I said any day any time, I'm so ready !!💇‍♀️💇‍♀️💇‍♀️

@QVCkitty1 I live in NYC and go to a salon in Nassau County. My salon owner has said he is opening June 15, has Cuomo moved up the lockdown date?

Honored Contributor

I checked the Supercuts website and signed up for a notification when they open.  Cannot wait!!!  It's a large Supercuts so I don't see too many problems with "social distancing."  Did I say I cannot wait!!

Esteemed Contributor

Just got back from having my hair done. This is a two client salon, but she´s only taking one client per appointment. Building is about a year old and only Beauty Shops. I waited outside and she came and open the front door and took my temperature. Once we got inside her shop, she closed the door. Once I left, she sanitized everything. She says it takes time to do that. She sees maybe 3 clients per day depending on what has to be done.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My hairdressers just called and I have an appointment June third. I'm so tired of the  mess that is my hair, I'm just so happy. I guess Gov. Cuomo gave the go ahead, we must wear masks and one customer at a time. Her scheduling is a nightmare, but I said any day any time, I'm so ready !!💇‍♀️💇‍♀️💇‍♀️

@QVCkitty1 I live in NYC and go to a salon in Nassau County. My salon owner has said he is opening June 15, has Cuomo moved up the lockdown date?

@Jordan2 , Maybe it's my area of the state , I live in the Southern Tier of NY. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I live in Colorado and our hair salons opened on May 1st. I got my hair cut and colored on May 9th. They had procedures that you needed to follow. I am so happy to have my hair look good. It had almost been 3 months.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

Just got back from having my hair done. This is a two client salon, but she´s only taking one client per appointment. Building is about a year old and only Beauty Shops. I waited outside and she came and open the front door and took my temperature. Once we got inside her shop, she closed the door. Once I left, she sanitized everything. She says it takes time to do that. She sees maybe 3 clients per day depending on what has to be done.

How will they make enough money to cover their expenses only seeing 3 clients per day? I wouldn't be surprised if some salons will have to shut their doors.