Honored Contributor

My hairdressers just called and I have an appointment June third. I'm so tired of the  mess that is my hair, I'm just so happy. I guess Gov. Cuomo gave the go ahead, we must wear masks and one customer at a time. Her scheduling is a nightmare, but I said any day any time, I'm so ready !!💇‍♀️💇‍♀️💇‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

The salon I go to opened up, though still with a lot of mitigation steps involved. It's a small salon and there is never a lot of people there at one time anyway.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Good news for you

...my appointment is next Tuesday.  I have not had a haircut since the end of February.  I opted for no color, since I have to wear a mask....

If the mask mandate is still on next appointment I will again not color my hair.  I have been wanting to let it go but my hairdresser said it was not a pretty gray, we shall see.

Respected Contributor

I haven’t heard yet when our salons will open in our state. I wear my hair in a short layered pixie cut so my daughter cut it for me using a Flowbee.  I had never heard of a Flowbee before but It turned out great!

Trusted Contributor

Momtodogs, pretty is relative and my opinion is your hairdresser is of course in the business to make money but having said that, what she or he said to you was nothing short of rude.

I let my grey grow out a couple of years ago because I was tired of paying for it.  It was liberating to say the least and never have I been more happy that I did that than I am under these circumstances.

Honored Contributor

Good for you! I am eager for mine to open. Meanwhile, I got a pair of professional scissors and whacked mine off a couple of weeks ago. Sure felt good! Does it look good? Probably not, but since I'm not going anywhere, it's good enough for me. Heart

Honored Contributor

Jealous!

Mine hasn't been cut since the end of January, so now I'm missing two cuts.

All I want done now is to have some of the length taken off.  The layers have all grown out and I'll keep it that way for now.

I imagine I could do it myself but I just want someone else to do something for me, lol.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Good for you! I am eager for mine to open. Meanwhile, I got a pair of professional scissors and whacked mine off a couple of weeks ago. Sure felt good! Does it look good? Probably not, but since I'm not going anywhere, it's good enough for me. Heart

@World Traveler , I was tempted a few times, but I have zero confidence in my abilities. Frankly the gray bothered me more than the length. I just look better with color, that's just me.  I'm so happy just thinking about having an appointment !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Although part of the Commonwealth may loosen restrictions soon, my county still is red.  Therefore, I am trying to embrace the shaggy, old woman look.  But I am glad that others who want a hair cut and/ or color can get those services.

I actually really want to go to the dentist and have an eye exam (I need a change in contact lens script), but those services are not available in my area either.  I did finally get an appointment for my cat to have a dental cleaning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Good news for you

...my appointment is next Tuesday.  I have not had a haircut since the end of February.  I opted for no color, since I have to wear a mask....

If the mask mandate is still on next appointment I will again not color my hair.  I have been wanting to let it go but my hairdresser said it was not a pretty gray, we shall see.

@Mom2Dogs If it's "not a pretty gray" maybe there's something you could do at home to tone it down, brighten it up. 

I don't know when mine will open or when I can get in after she does. It's been since January 29. And while I like to stretch it out, this time it's been too long!

Keepin' it real.