Esteemed Contributor

Great Idea in These Troubled Times

Just came up on my FB feed:  a gal in GA (just off interstate) is offering her 1 1/2 acre yard for Semi parking on long hauls; she is also offering a free meal and a shower to truckers who need it!  Great idea of human kindness.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Great Idea in These Troubled Times

That is so kind of her. I have a relative who was an over the road trucker, and finding a place to park those big rigs when they have met the maximum number of hours they can drive, was a real issue some days.They can't just pull over anywhere, and the truck stops can fill up quickly.

Honored Contributor

What a generous gesture!  Lovely lady.

Esteemed Contributor

I have acreage off a 4 lane state highway. 

UH, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Locked and loaded w/3GSD'S. NO NO AND NO.

How do you know who is pulling in and how do you know what they're hauling?

Honored Contributor

Very kindSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

So nice. We all need to help each other right now. Check on your neighbors even if you don’t talk to each other. If you do go to the store ask if there is anything you can pick up for some one. Maybe offer to fill an elderly neighbor’s car with gas things like this help. I am in my 70’s and trying to limit my going out. Our neighbors all have come together helping each other. It’s so nice. Be sure to donate to your nearest Meals on Wheels or Food Panty.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
So nice. We all need to help each other right now. Check on your neighbors even if you don’t talk to each other. If you do go to the store ask if there is anything you can pick up for some one. Maybe offer to fill an elderly neighbor’s car with gas things like this help. I am in my 70’s and trying to limit my going out. Our neighbors all have come together helping each other. It’s so nice. Be sure to donate to your nearest Meals on Wheels or Food Panty.

Please, Donate some cat and dog (other animal) food if you can.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras