Honored Contributor

Thanks, @gidgetgh. I hope I did it right. When the order came up, it did say that I would be getting the $10 in a couple of days. But on my official order, it isn't mentioned.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I'm not seeing any promotional deals on this on my end on their site. I'll keep looking though. That's a great deal. 

@GenXmuse   You have to scroll down on the homepage but you can also find it under the tab for Gift Cards.

hth

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Thank you @gidgetgh !  I just sent myself an e gift card.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@gidgetgh   I applied the gift card to my account, but where is the $10 credit?  I couldn't find it under the gift card section of my account and don't know where else to look.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Great Amazon prime deal

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@gidgetgh   I applied the gift card to my account, but where is the $10 credit?  I couldn't find it under the gift card section of my account and don't know where else to look.

@NickNack - the $10 credit takes 1-2 days and will show up in your shopping cart when you check out an order. It will show it coming off the total. But it takes a few days for them to process the promotional credit.  

It won't show up in the gift card balance section of your account.  Like magic, it appears on the checkout screen. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack - the $10 credit takes 1-2 days and will show up in your shopping cart when you check out an order. It will show it coming off the total. But it takes a few days for them to process the promotional credit.  

It won't show up in the gift card balance section of your account.  Like magic, it appears on the checkout screen. 

Thank you @gidgetgh .

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone! I activated it so hopefully I did it right. I would feel better if they actually mentioned it in the cart or check out just for confirmation. Thanks for the heads up! 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the tip!  I purchased one for myself too.

Honored Contributor

I received an email at 11:45 this morning from Amazon letting me know the $10 promotional credit is now on my account. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I called Amazon after buying the $40 reload through a click-thru button to get the bonus but not seeing anything but the $40 in my account. I called because people here said they were getting the bonus immediately. (I know the offer said to allow 2 days, but I wanted reassurance that I'd get it--amounts to a 20% discount.)

Amazon sent me an email this AM. In part, it says:

"Indeed, Amazon is offering a $10 promotional credit to Prime members who purchase a $40 Amazon gift card or reload their Amazon gift card balance with $40 or more now through October 14. The $10 credit is good anytime until November 29, 2020. It's been one of the most popular deals among our readers, who were smart to take advantage yesterday when Prime Day began.

"Thereby, if you've reloaded your Amazon Gift Card Balance by this day, you'll be getting the extra $10 promo credit by October 16, 2020."

There's something else to bear in mind. This is from the fine print of the offer itself, which I saved.

Amazon_Terms_Bonus_10USD.jpg

The $10 can't be spent on stuff from third-party sellers, even FBA. That applies just to the $10, not the gift card or reload balance. So no third-party buys and use it by November 29th. No problem here, LOL.