Valued Contributor

Re: Grantchester. Your thought on this season

@stevieb wrote:
. . .

As for all the confusion about Amanda and Leonard's reconciliation with his boyfriend, blame it on PBS... They show all these episodes multiple times and even sometimes out of order and so unless one sees them 'first run' it's often difficult to keep up...

---

Another thing that PBS frequently does is edit these British series, often deleting entire scenes.

Respected Contributor

I also felt the season was really short, but I just compared it to Seasons 1-3 and they've all been 6 episodes and all with similar run times.

I started watching because I'm a big Robson Green (Geordie) fan. I liked Sidney, but I have been so over his back and forth with Amanda for so long that I did not mind seeing him go. At first I thought his sudden departure setup seemed kind of ridiculous, but then I came to the understanding that was also very Sidney. Has Sidney ever made a good decision, ever? He has always had poor impulse control and the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a very Sidney thing to do. 

I like Will very much amd hope he and Leonard will mend fences and work well together. I'm mad that the entire reason Leonard was mad at Will is because Mrs C lied about why she came to stop by. She told him that Will told her Leonard wasn't up to the task (I can't remember her exact words) and that wasn't what Will said, she told him that to save face. Her pride is a problem for me.

I like that Cathy is finding her own way and found a way to resolve her issues with McRapey without involving Geordie - much as I would have liked to see him get arrested. She seems really happy working and I love that for her and that Geordie supports her in that.

I was glad that Mrs C helped Cathy and I hope she finds a way to get over Leonard and his boyfriend. Leonard is a good person and I'm sorry she only agreed to come back to them if Daniel would not return to the house.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r- That scene was much earlier than the final one where she realizes that Sidney isn't going to leave the church for her.  That's where Guy suggests that they try again, but Amanda goes ahead with the divorce.

If I can, I'll look through the episodes to see which one that's in.

Honored Contributor

Sidney, made that show for me,did not watch this season.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Of course I missed Sydney, but I still love the show.