Respected Contributor

Re: Grandma Yetta (on The Nanny) died

Loved her as Millie Helper.  Remember the episode where she and Laura are home alone at night, with the myna bird yelling "don't be nervous, don't be nervous!" over and over.  Classic.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

RIP Funny Lady!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I loved her best as Millie.  I always thought she and Laura were a less crazy couple of girlfriends than Lucy and Ethel.  Loved those after school daily reruns of both programs back to back.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that.

How old was she?

Her charter on The Nanny, was my favorite.

@PlaidPants2, she was 87 years old.  She was a great actress and so funny.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@ ROMARY 1  The TV LAND channel often runs episodes of The Nanny back-to-back. Also, WE sometimes does...if you get those channels!

Honored Contributor

I was only a sporadic viewer of The Nanny, but loved the Millie Helper character -  LOVED the whole DVD show for that matter.

Honored Contributor

I saw this on FB last night. While I definitely saw her on the DvD show I was a teen then and the show itself didn't do much for me, so she was just another actor on the show to me.

Many years later, I enjoyed watching The Nanny, and loved Grandma Yetta - she was a hoot. You have to be a talented actress to pull off some of the very different roles she had in her career.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all