Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

How do these work ? I haven't got my stimulus yet, this one is coming by check they said. Hopefully, paper check I can take to bank, but, if it comes by debit card how do you use them ? 

In person at store ?  can you use on stuff U want to buy like from QVC, etc. ?   I know nothing about debit cards.

Don't know why they're even sending me a check, first check went into bank account. Now, I have to watch for it.

@SharkE     last time many people said they took it to their bank and were able to deposit it into their account. You might check with your bank

Honored Contributor

ok thanks all for telling me. I had no idea. 

I just wanted it to go to bank deposit, take out the 600 cash.

they said it was sent Wed. maybe whatever form it's coming in

will be a check. We don't get our mail till after 2 , so, I'll have to be perched in my window seat and watching for them.  LOL

0186d67281bd12a5a109cd52ef663a25.jpg

Honored Contributor

Looks like all good advice here, including what @CAcableGirl2  mentioned, keep the card including any PIN number created.  With the government, you just never know.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gov. debit cards

[ Edited ]

There was a huge mass mailing on January 6.  This one is either checks or debit cards (last time we got debit cards)  You should get sometime end of this coming week or the beginning of the following week.. The IRS Porthole is running.  Just google IRS get my payments. You'll find out which one of the mailings your is.  Watch your envelopes for the return address.  It won't say IRS.  Last time ours said cardservices (the debit card was in it)

If you get a debit card, you don't have go to the bank.  You can transfer it online.  My husband did last time.

Honored Contributor

yeah, lot easier to get on since most people have done got theirs.

Think they all have to be sent out by 1-15-2021

Honored Contributor

there was a discussion about this when the first checks came out,  try a search for it.

I remember something about being able to xfer the money to your bank account.

we all got checks,  interestingly they could only be cashed in person, not mobile 

Esteemed Contributor

where is it you can go to find out when your check is going out?    Went to the site mentioned here and you have to supply  your SS # .    I don't put my social out there especially not online.   

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen nothing at all on the government website to indicate that people might receive a debit card for their stimulus funds. DH and I inadvertantly closed one of our checking accounts that we rarely used, and of course that was the one that we had used in the past for tax refunds and was used by the IRS for our first stimulus check. It didn't occur to either one of us. In researching what's next, the website indicates that if the checking account is now closed, your bank will not accept the direct deposit, and a paper check will be issued instead.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

where is it you can go to find out when your check is going out?    Went to the site mentioned here and you have to supply  your SS # .    I don't put my social out there especially not online.   

they can't know who you are without that #. I delete history before I go in and when I leave don't know if that does any good or not, but makes me feel better. LOL get rid of cookies and history.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore   You have to put your social security # in to identify yourself.  They don't show it as you put it in.  It's hidden, but they have to have that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau