Honored Contributor

Yep, we had to wait 8-9 months to get this little amount, now, we have to wait another 2 months to get it.  Hits just keep on coming.

Trusted Contributor
It will come with instructions on how to "activate it". The card is pre-loaded with the exact amount of money. You just use it until the funds on it are used up. It's kind of like a gift card. I am not aware of any restrictions on where you can use it. There should be a number on the back to call to check on how much is left on it, and answers to other questions. It's very easy.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

A friend of mine spoke with someone at IRS and this

is the number to call. 800-919-9835. She said it took her a while but in the end she was able to talk with someone.

She also said that there is also an automated message and then you can choose to talk to some one.

@Kitty Galore 

@Sage04  I appreciate  the  phone # Thanks so much ! 😺

Super Contributor

That’s exactly right.

For those who need the money right now, to pay for *whatever*, 

this card can be used.

For example, online bills, groceries, shopTV, etc.

For those who already have this card for Social Security/Disability funds,

the stimulus  should be added to the card right away...no waiting for a paper check.

I was surprised when my neighbor said she already received it about a week ago on her card.  But she does not have a bank account either...

so Im not sure if that makes a difference...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gov. debit cards

[ Edited ]

@JumpTheRope wrote:

That’s exactly right.

For those who need the money right now, to pay for *whatever*, 

this card can be used.

For example, online bills, groceries, shopTV, etc.

For those who already have this card for Social Security/Disability funds,

the stimulus  should be added to the card right away...no waiting for a paper check.

I was surprised when my neighbor said she already received it about a week ago on her card.  But she does not have a bank account either...

so Im not sure if that makes a difference...

@JumpTheRope  I remember reading about this early last year that people who received their payments on a Debit Card should keep it in case there is another payment.

I think that those who received a Debit Card last year might not realize that the payment could already be deposited on their Debit Cards from last year.

How did your neighbor find out that it was on her Card?

I received both by Direct Deposit.

Honored Contributor

The IRS is not reloading the debit card with the second payment.  You will get a second debit card in the mail.

Super Contributor

Hello!

Since she receives SS on a government debit card, she said 

her stimulus (both) was deposited on it.

She said there’s a phone number to call, on the other side of card.