Super Contributor

Gov. Wolf of Pennsylvania has cancelled all schools for the rest of the academic year

Sad on so many levels.  I am a teacher and I miss my fellow teachers and my students. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Gov. Wolf of Pennsylvania has cancelled all schools for the rest of the academic year

My employer is the Vice President of the school board in his district.  He is afraid that this year will be a wash for us here in Texas very soon.  Right now May 4th start back.  I would hate to see the children go back all the way up to about July 4th.  Hopefully next year will be your best year ever.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Re: Gov. Wolf of Pennsylvania has cancelled all schools for the rest of the academic year

School was cancelled here in Arizona too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep. Can't believe it, just found out too.

There goes my daughters terrific senior year. Waited all her life for this and

her graduation and this virus destroyed it all. Sick of it!

Honored Contributor

@gellen wrote:

Sad on so many levels.  I am a teacher and I miss my fellow teachers and my students. 

Our schools have been closed since before spring break.  I am sure they will be closed the rest of the school year.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought that was a givien in the Tri-States?  Maybe in N.J. it's up to the mayors re schools.  In my town, we were informed early March that schools will re-open after Labor Day.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Keeping kids healthy is a good thing.  I heard some kids are still dressing up for prom on video.  Kids are finding a way to get through this.  Don't be discouragedSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

In Michigan it was announced a couple weeks ago that our School Buildings would remain closed for the remainder of the year.  Most of our schools go until Mid June so that makes a 3 month closure.  While the school year isn't officially "cancelled" the governor is leaving it up to the individual districts to decide how they want to handle the remainder of the year.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I bet your daughter does not think her graduation is destroyed.  Seniors in my neck of the woods are having theirs on FB, Instagram, FaceTime, Skype, YouTube, etc.

One of my GS graduated from college in March because of the virus.  Got his diploma in the mail.  He is having a virtual graduation for the family on the actual day of his graduation in June.  That same night, a virtual pary w/friends.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@threecees , I feel for your daughter and for all of the seniors who are being deprived of all those senior year activities. For a teenager, it's the pinnacle of their long school career and a highly anticipated reward for all of those years of hard work. Breaks my heart that so many young people will not have those memories. Please give your daughter my best wishes as she moves on to the next phase of her life.