Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gov. Cuomo is considering using SUNY & CUNY Buildings as hospitals!

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I've been impressed by Governors Cuomo and Inslee (WA).

@tansy 

I would also like to give a shout out and thumbs up to Governor Beshear of KY.  He has been stellar so far and I expect that to continue.  I am very impressed with him.

I apologize for short changing any of the governors that are stepping up and accepting the responsibilities that come with their roles.  It's very reassuring.  

@tansy 

I don't think that Gov. Beshear has been in the national spotlight but he is doing great right now during this crisis.  I just found out that I won't be working for awhile (I work in a personal training studio) but it is totally understandable that we need to close for awhile. I feel that Gov. Beshear cares so much about everyone in our state and I give him AAAs for the job he is doing.

Of course, Ky's teachers weren't happy with the previous governor, but from what I've heard, they aren't happy with how Gov. Beshear is handling this situation.  

Respected Contributor

I am not a NY resident, but loved Mayor Guiliani for how he handled 9/11.  Not so much anymire

Honored Contributor

I think this is a great idea to move the regular hospital population to these buildings and essentially turn the existing hospitals into multi-floor/ward ICUs if the need arises.

He has been a very calming to me person in this health emergency.

We need more leaders such as him.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I am not a NY resident, but loved Mayor Guiliani for how he handled 9/11.  Not so much anymire

Guiliani was not a great mayor. He put his command center in WTC building 7 and watched it collapse in the debris fall.

He happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Honored Contributor

In following the course of the evolution of the virus from the beginning, I have found a number of examples of bold, proactive leadership at every level, and am grateful.  Hoping to do my small part as a citizen too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I have seen of Governor Cuomo on tv I am mostly impressed. However, I just heard a clip where he stated people will NOT be locked in their homes, while at the same time Mayor de Blasio is warning of a shelter in place.

My knee-jerk reaction is the whole country needs to shelter in place for two or three weeks. Granted there would be exceptions, but I see it as the only way to get ahead of this deadly virus.

Honored Contributor

We should follow what certain areas of Europe are doing -- only allowed out for food & pharmacy items. 

Honored Contributor

@pitdakota 

Thanks for the thought about the changes in unemployment insurance.  Today was the last day of work at the gym for however long it is. 

I saw today that (because of Gov. Beshear's directive), school buses are delivering breakfast and lunch to kids, bringing the food to their bus stops.  That made me happy to see.

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight Are the regular hospitals already overloaded?

Respected Contributor

Hopi, the hospitals are not full yet, but NY is up to 2500 cases, the largest in the nationThe mayor said by the next couple of weeks, we could be up to 10,000.