Trusted Contributor

Re: Gov. Cuomo is considering using SUNY & CUNY Buildings as hospitals!

I'm glad people seem to be happy with their Governors. This is exactly the job they are supposed to be doing and it sounds like that's what is happening. I think Cuomo has done a good job. I did wonder how the story about his kids was seen to others who aren't familiar with him. I'm used to his style and his sense of humor so I wasn't shocked. Also he spent like a year avoidig the Albany press so maybe he's out of practice. Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

My old company, General Foods, had built their corporate office at 250 North Street in Whte Plains during the Korean War.  Across the street was St. Agnes Hospital (now assisted living).  GF was set up to turn into a hospital if needed; the offices were lined up like a hospital hallway.  There was also an underground tunnel connecting the 2 buildings.  Maybe that set up is something to think about moving forward.  

Using the SUNY schools is a great idea.

I read your comments about Gov. Cuomo.  NYers, up to now, did not like him.  I believe he truly loves New York State.  He rebuilt the Tappan Zee Bridge, which was literally falling apart, in no time at all.  And then named it after his father, which drove people crazy.  

But it's funny (or not) how the Governors are all working together, taking care of business that should have been done on a federal level.  

As for his family - he was on CNN w/his brother and they were going back & forth as to who mom loved best.  Nice to know that even at that level, brothers banter back & forth.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/03/andrew-chris-cuomo-cnn-arguing-clip.html

Esteemed Contributor

@roeroe1005  I disagree with your comment that up until now New Yorkers didn't like Governor Cuomo.I've been a fan since day one.It's just not right to generalize.

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ,

Sorry!  I don't mean to be disrespectful!  I voted for him twice.

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I've been impressed by Governors Cuomo and Inslee (WA).

@tansy 

I would also like to give a shout out and thumbs up to Governor Beshear of KY.  He has been stellar so far and I expect that to continue.  I am very impressed with him.

I apologize for short changing any of the governors that are stepping up and accepting the responsibilities that come with their roles.  It's very reassuring.  

@tansy 

I don't think that Gov. Beshear has been in the national spotlight but he is doing great right now during this crisis.  I just found out that I won't be working for awhile (I work in a personal training studio) but it is totally understandable that we need to close for awhile. I feel that Gov. Beshear cares so much about everyone in our state and I give him AAAs for the job he is doing.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy 

I would also like to give a shout out and thumbs up to Governor Beshear of KY.  He has been stellar so far and I expect that to continue.  I am very impressed with him.

I apologize for short changing any of the governors that are stepping up and accepting the responsibilities that come with their roles.  It's very reassuring.  

@tansy 

I don't think that Gov. Beshear has been in the national spotlight but he is doing great right now during this crisis.  I just found out that I won't be working for awhile (I work in a personal training studio) but it is totally understandable that we need to close for awhile. I feel that Gov. Beshear cares so much about everyone in our state and I give him AAAs for the job he is doing.

I sure hope you will do okay without a paycheck for however long this lasts, @QueenDanceALot.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy 

@tansy 

I sure hope you will do okay without a paycheck for however long this lasts, @QueenDanceALot.  

@tansy 

Thanks.  I am pretty uneasy about it but it's a very crowded boat I'm in.  So many of us.  This virus has very long tentacles.  As long as I stay healthy I feel like I can weather this.  I worry for those who are most vulnerable to this horrible illness.

Trusted Contributor

Also to people just getting introduced to Cuomo, he isn't all sweetness and light either. He can actually be quite nasty when he wants to be and has a bad habit of getting stuff passed in ways that avoid the normal legislative process. And again, I like the way he's handling this.

Valued Contributor

@pigletsmom  Your post made me laugh a bit, thank you for that. 

I think you just explained why I liked Govenor Cuomo instantly; the whole going about getting something done the wrong way (not following normal process). 

Please know, I'm not saying that it is right to do that. It's just I got called down for similar behavior in my yearly review. I'm impatient by nature (and know it) and get frustrated with the amount of time that can be spent following the process when I know what needs to be done. 

So I have to remind myself there are reasons for having a process in the first place and "better to ask for forgiveness than permission" is not always a good thing. I do struggle with it though. Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy 

@tansy 

Totally agree with you @QueenDanceALot, I think Gov. Beshear has done an excellent job.  He was on this early and had the guts to take some pretty swift actions quickly.  

Just want to make sure you also know that the Gov. wavied the waiting period for unemployment and I believe expanded the categories of unemployment related to the coronavirus & you can apply online if this applies to you.

Have to say....what a refreshing change!  

ETA:  Also impressed that based on information he was getting from docs in the state and CEOs of Ky hospitals that he cut elective procedures in all hospitals for now.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *