Contributor

What do you think of the prices for the food items today?

Honored Contributor

Are they different than on other days? I rarely buy food, the costs usually seem on the high side to me. Of course the convenience of having it delivered to your door is nice. 

Honored Contributor

The prices are always ridiculous, most of it is quite fattening with not the best of ingredients. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about the prices because I never watch food shows.  Seems every other day is a "gourmet holiday". What holiday is this one...nothing coming up til September is there?  I wouldn't buy food from tv .

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Yes, seems like a lot of GH shows, that and Philosophy!

Contributor

The have 13 Georgia peaches for $59.00.  ($4.54 per peach).  I am sorry I cannot justify paying that much for just one peach.  I watched before and they are really not that big either.  But needless to say people are actually paying that much for them. 

Super Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday

[ Edited ]

Yes, the prices are high but ..... i think that the overhead and the service provided should be taken into account. QVC produces a utube of the product, including information about preparation and inutritional values, along with a view of the presentation of the product, among other things. Very conveniently, the product arrives at your front door in appropriate packaging, including a styrofoam cooler containing dry ice, as needed. No need to drive to any store or carry the product into your residence. And, possibly, the food product may not be one that is available in your geographical area - at any price, In addition, in the rare instance when there is a problem with a food product, your cost is typically and conveniently  refunded with no questions asked and no need to return the product. Given all of the above, I think that this level of service and convenience should be taken into account before judging the price or touting the better price at a brick and mortar store. Like any purchase, your budget may direct your consumer choices with a view to what you are willing to pay for what you will get.

Respected Contributor

The prices are high, but so are NYC supermarket prices. 
When we go to New Jersey we shop there because the prices are significantly lower.

I do buy a few different items from QVC and keep them in the freezer for when I do not feel like cooking.

One of the items are Corkys chicken tenders. Easy quick meal for those lazy summer nights.

I tried those potstickers once, and was not happy with them. I can get them at a local place. In this instance, the item is priced better around these parts, and are authentic.

I enjoy gourmet holiday, even if it's not one. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday

[ Edited ]

@hardware mom I completely agree with @Q-Checker. She/He is 100% correct. Many complaints on this forum regarding the food prices. Some items are in dry ice and very sturdy containers. My Mrs. Prindable apples are individually wrapped and secured in cardboard divider cases. One must take into account the processing, packaging and many are shipped by 2-day express.

I have purchased many, many food items and most everything has been exceptional. I could shop around my neighborhood to try this and that to compare what I have purchased from QVC but neither do I have the time or desire to do so. 

Often judgement is made by price, not by feedback after trying the food. Just because a food item can be found at your local market that is similar, does not mean that it is the same or convenient for many shoppers. If you are happy with your local market, by all means, shop there. I just don't believe it's fair to judge another person because they choose to purchase something you do not.

Respected Contributor

@hardware mom wrote:

The have 13 Georgia peaches for $59.00.  ($4.54 per peach).  I am sorry I cannot justify paying that much for just one peach.  I watched before and they are really not that big either.  But needless to say people are actually paying that much for them. 

@hardware mom   I agree.  Outrageous price for peaches.

They are in season now in most places and can be found way, way cheaper. 

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF