Contributor

Gourmet Food Shows and Nut Allergies

Does anyone else have a problem ordering from the gourmet food shows because of nut allergies?  I would love to over for my daughter and her family but my granddaughter has nut allergies.  They never mention if the products (especially bakery items) come from nut free facilities.  Jimmy the Baker's things look fabulous but I'm afraid to order.  It would be really helpful if they addressed this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gourmet Food Shows and Nut Allergies

@buffieg wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem ordering from the gourmet food shows because of nut allergies?  I would love to over for my daughter and her family but my granddaughter has nut allergies.  They never mention if the products (especially bakery items) come from nut free facilities.  Jimmy the Baker's things look fabulous but I'm afraid to order.  It would be really helpful if they addressed this.

@buffieg, I have never ordered food here. Do they not show a picture of the nutritional analysis and ingredients on the item page?

If not, they should.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps you can start a thread about this important issue in the suggestion box. I never thought of that

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

All food items have nutritional information and ingredients on the item page on the QVC website.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@buffieg wrote:

@buffieg, I have never ordered food here. Do they not show a picture of the nutritional analysis and ingredients on the item page?

If not, they should.

I may be wrong, but I believe that just because a particular item is nut free doesn't mean it was made in a nut-free facility.  Possiblilty of cross contamination.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess No I don't think you're wrong, I believe that's correct.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@buffieg   I have the same situation. My granddaughter is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. There are very few items that are made in a nut free facility. The main thing to look for on the label is the wording "made on shared equipment in a facility that processes peanuts and tree nuts." Then you stay away. Check out Vermont Nut Free Chocolates. This company offers gourmet confections. The entire facility is nut free. The company was founded by mom who has a child with a life threatening peanut allergy. My daughter has ordered from them. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@buffieg wrote:

If not, they should.

I may be wrong, but I believe that just because a particular item is nut free doesn't mean it was made in a nut-free facility.  Possiblilty of cross contamination.

You are correct, @Icegoddess , but that has to be indicated in the same place on the packaging as are the ingredients.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@buffieg 

I just looked at most of the treats from Jimmy the Baker and they are made at a facility that uses wheat, nuts, milk, soy and other. It is listed within the description of the foods.

Honored Contributor

You can go online and check out the nutritional info and ingredients for any all food products sold here.  I buy food products during the holidays and several of my nieces and nephews have peanut and nut allergies; so, I always check.