Honored Contributor

That's a shame.  It seems anything you put in front of your house is at risk of theft, especially is it's easily moved and easy to resell.  If there are any antique or second-hand shops in the area, it might help to put them om alert for your planter.  Besides potted plants, a trellis, and a bird bath, the only things in front of my place are two nice chairs.  I suppose they'll be stolen some day.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak   I am so sorry to hear that someone stole something of yours that you enjoyed. Smiley Sad   I know I would be livid as well if someone stole my yard art. People are so thoughtless at times.

When someone does something like this to me, I try to turn it around and just feel so sorry for them that they are so nasty and rude  and live such a miserable life.

.  I try to be thankful for all the good in my life and turn my anger into a positive spin for ME.   When someone steals from you no matter what it is, they not only take from you... they create a negative space so it is like a two fold whammy.  

I hope somehow somewhere this stolen item shows up for you... or that it is replaced by something else that you enjoy  even more if that is possible. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am sorry that happened to you. My Mother had one too and it got stolen out of her front flower bed this Summer. I don't know why people do things like that!

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreakOh that's just stinks.   I cannot stand a thief.  I would report it because there may be other thefts going on in your neighborhood.  I wonder if the person is stupid enough to put it on his/her lawn.

My dad's iron military marker was stolen from his grave.  I had his last name on the back in paint.  I found it elsewhere in the same cemetary and took it back and left a note to advise the person that these are free from the VFW.  Stealing is never the right thing to do.

The marker was never stolen again.

I hope you get your planter back.  And I love pansies-one of my favorites.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

That just makes me sick 😡 ...

I’m so sorry !

Honored Contributor

How mean. I sometimes wonder what people would do if there were no security / traffic cameras.

Honored Contributor

The first summer I was married I spent the entire summer making a skeleton windsock.It was detailed and very difficult.I was proud when I finished it. Come Oct. I hung it in a tree in our front yard and in the morning it was gone! I saw it a few weeks later hanging in a yard in my plan and I went up - irate and banged on the door. The man tried to argue with me that his kids would not steal - but there was a label I put with my name on every thing I sew, so he could not deny it. 

He made his kid shovel our driveway and walk for the whole winter for his punishment. 

Lesson - if your gonna steal make certain you aren't taking a one of a kind item and then don't be so stupid to put it in your front yard.

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak

thats terrible😤😤😤 

we don't have that problem although some stuff people have out as "lawn decor" I wish it'd get stolen!!!  Ridiculous!!!

Honored Contributor

Sadly in today's world you cant put anything nice on your front step, porch, or yard because it has a chance of being stolen.....

Christmas decorations, Halloween decorations, even a 4th of July display a couple put in their yard in honor their son who was killed in Afghanistan.....these heartless thieves steal anything

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Drive around and see if it's in someone else's yard.  If you have a photo of it on your property, call the police.