Esteemed Contributor

As I said on the other post this is a mess. I see all black and white and every thing is zig zag and out of order. ..lol..I hope this isn't the finished site. I doubt I will be on here as much if it is.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

@babs wrote:

Could not agree with you more, Marp! This whole setup reminds me of *old,old* forums & some of the options are ridiculously juvenile. 'Hearting' & tagging & popularity contests? REALLY, Q?

I agree!

And notifying me that someone "hearted" my post but not letting me know if someone actually responds?  How does that make sense?

If I post a question here - re a recipe suggestion, a personal dilemma, or help with something - how am I supposed to know if anyone responded?  "My Activity" seems to be gone, which was a huge, huge mistake.

People can "heart" all they want, and I don't care if I'm notified about that or not.  But if I post something and someone responds, I would like to know.  Isn't that more important than the heart thing?  For me, there's not much point in asking a question or getting involved in a conversation if I might never be able to find it again.

I understand there are always growing pains and an adjustment period, but this is really beyond frustrating.  

One step closer to being out the door...........

Esteemed Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I've been through several "redos", and I think the worst thing about this one, would be the changes in the wording of the standards. We cannot talk current events???? no wonder it can not be called viewpoints anymore. You can't express one it seems. Here it is:

• Controversial topics will be removed – Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religious beliefs, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

Wow!  Good catch!  

Was that always there?  I never noticed it before.  If it's new, then that's just another reason for me to opt out.

Valued Contributor
Yes, indeed, this is so messy, quite useless. Who has the time to read all kinds of ancient stuff on topics that aren't of interest. I do believe no thinking human tried this new forum out before launching. Doesn't this company have any pride!
Super Contributor

I like the general REPLY button at top right of forum. Maybe it will stop some who include qoute-after-quote within their own post.

There would be 10(Quotes) to scroll through, then finally at the bottom a 2-word reply of "I agree".

argh!!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure I'll get used to it, like I did to the other changes they have made in all of the years I've been here.  But, this new set-up isn't very easy on the eyes.  And, it's not at all attractive or inviting.

Another big mess!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Regular Contributor

Well said...this is a mess!   I want my sub- forums back!!

Occasional Contributor

What a mess. If they wanted to get people off their community forums, they may have succeeded!!! Let's take something "relatively" easy and make it a mess.... Way to go QVC!!!

Respected Contributor
Yes, this is a mess...... Sad!
Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

I've been through several "redos", and I think the worst thing about this one, would be the changes in the wording of the standards. We cannot talk current events???? no wonder it can not be called viewpoints anymore. You can't express one it seems. Here it is:

• Controversial topics will be removed – Discussions of a controversial or confrontational nature will be removed at our discretion. The following are examples of topics that generally create a negative dialogue between Community members which will result in removal of the discussion and possible banning: current events, politics, religious beliefs, and unkind comments about hosts, vendors, models, or employees.

Wow!  Good catch!  

Was that always there?  I never noticed it before.  If it's new, then that's just another reason for me to opt out.

"Unkind?" Wow, talk about leaving something open to interpretation.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat