Esteemed Contributor

I think these boards are fine too. Do I have trouble seeing the font? Yes! I have to change it too. I haven't done it yet, because I was concerned people would then say I am yelling. (Yes I shouldn't worry what anyone thinks, if I cant see right I cant see and need to change it). Personally, I don't mind when people type larger or use colors. In fact I appreciate it! lol. So thank you!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

What is an avatar?  I don't know much about computers. Also why do I have to sign in every time? Thanks for any answer.

Contributor

@Marp2 wrote:

When you mess up you do it BIG time.  What were you thinking by eliminating sub-forums, not porting over current threads and putting the general reply button at the top of the page for those that want to reply to the OP/topic and not a specific poster?

While some of the changes are appreciated the layout and functioning is atrocious.

Marp, thank you for posting; I am sorry, but at this point...I am TOTALLY....lost with the new "thingy" and I have only "tried" Once, just Once before this to post something. sigh  Smiley Sad

This may not be the place, but I am soooo lost, I just cannot seem to navigate here, at all. I have purposely stayed....away.  I don't even understand the "emoticon"; tried to put a "frustrated woman" and the next thing I know, a gray highlighted box shows up. 

Can someone, anyone, here, please....just tell me How I Know If Something I type or post a REPLY Will Show UP SOMEWHERE in "my activity" or IF or WHERE it....IS????

Sorry Ladies (and Gents) I am just so frustrated, confused and just kinda, sad. Smiley Sad

Thanks so much and if anyone replies, I hope I can "find" it???  (Doesn't help that I am totally puter illiterate, even though participating in our old forums for many many years.)

moondust

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint wrote:

What is an avatar?  I don't know much about computers. Also why do I have to sign in every time? Thanks for any answer.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

An avatar is that pic under your name. HTH

I've always had to sign in even on the "old" forum.

Esteemed Contributor

@moondust wrote:

@Marp2 wrote:

When you mess up you do it BIG time.  What were you thinking by eliminating sub-forums, not porting over current threads and putting the general reply button at the top of the page for those that want to reply to the OP/topic and not a specific poster?

While some of the changes are appreciated the layout and functioning is atrocious.

Marp, thank you for posting; I am sorry, but at this point...I am TOTALLY....lost with the new "thingy" and I have only "tried" Once, just Once before this to post something. sigh  Smiley Sad

This may not be the place, but I am soooo lost, I just cannot seem to navigate here, at all. I have purposely stayed....away.  I don't even understand the "emoticon"; tried to put a "frustrated woman" and the next thing I know, a gray highlighted box shows up. 

Can someone, anyone, here, please....just tell me How I Know If Something I type or post a REPLY Will Show UP SOMEWHERE in "my activity" or IF or WHERE it....IS????

Sorry Ladies (and Gents) I am just so frustrated, confused and just kinda, sad. Smiley Sad

Thanks so much and if anyone replies, I hope I can "find" it???  (Doesn't help that I am totally puter illiterate, even though participating in our old forums for many many years.)

moondust

I'm sorry you are still having trouble moondust.  This link is to your posting activity.  I suggest that you bookmark the link so you can refer to it anytime.  The information will automatically update so it is always current.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/10378

You might also want to check out this link http://community.qvc.com/t5/Suggestion-Box/HELPFUL-TIPS-AND-SUGGESTIONS/m-p/1867614#M11056  It should take you directly to post #6 by ChynnaBlue.  All the items in the list is a link that you just have to click on.

When you put in an emotie it doesn't show up in your text until you post your reply.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.  Many are still having trouble negotiating.  Just remember, whatever you do you can undo.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am right there with you. I am STILL frustrated!

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I am right there with you. I am STILL frustrated!

Are you having specific problems?  Post what is frustrating you and perhaps one of us can help.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

NYC Susan wrote: 

And notifying me that someone "hearted" my post but not letting me know if someone actually responds?  How does that make sense?

If I post a question here - re a recipe suggestion, a personal dilemma, or help with something - how am I supposed to know if anyone responded?  "My Activity" seems to be gone, which was a huge, huge mistake.

People can "heart" all they want, and I don't care if I'm notified about that or not.  But if I post something and someone responds, I would like to know.  Isn't that more important than the heart thing?  For me, there's not much point in asking a question or getting involved in a conversation if I might never be able to find it again.

Is there a fix for this problem?  I am "notified" if someone hearts my post but not if someone responds to my post.  And I agree with NYC Susan - more important to be notified of a response than a heart.  I found out only because I happened to see a thread in which I'd previously participated.   At least in the old forum, we could see all of our posts in a list.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

NYC Susan wrote: 

And notifying me that someone "hearted" my post but not letting me know if someone actually responds?  How does that make sense?

If I post a question here - re a recipe suggestion, a personal dilemma, or help with something - how am I supposed to know if anyone responded?  "My Activity" seems to be gone, which was a huge, huge mistake.

People can "heart" all they want, and I don't care if I'm notified about that or not.  But if I post something and someone responds, I would like to know.  Isn't that more important than the heart thing?  For me, there's not much point in asking a question or getting involved in a conversation if I might never be able to find it again.

Is there a fix for this problem?  I am "notified" if someone hearts my post but not if someone responds to my post.  And I agree with NYC Susan - more important to be notified of a response than a heart.  I found out only because I happened to see a thread in which I'd previously participated.   At least in the old forum, we could see all of our posts in a list.

And I'll never know if anyone responds to this, because I won't be "notified."

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr

To find all your posts you ever were on:

Go to search forums and blogs and instead of Community search under Users.

Type in your name and at the bottom of the page is a thought bubble with your posts. Click on the numbers next to that and see all your posts. I suggest bookmarking it.

Example:http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?q=Valuskr

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼