Respected Contributor

Why so few posts on each page?

You'd think with the traffic this place gets they would have done better or left it alone.

It looks generic, difficult and the smiley and font stink.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gotta Hand It To You Q

[ Edited ]

'Mom to Mom' hasn't had a post in what looks like a week, unless they wiped out any recent posts. Not sure why that forum was left alone tbh. *No offense to those who enjoyed posting there. It just never seemed like a 'bustling' forum, like how Viewpoints was.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gotta Hand It To You Q

[ Edited ]

I just noticed that once you open a thread to reply, you can't see what forum/subtopic you are in. That doesn't seem right.

ETA: My posts are the only ones without hearts? Nobody likes anything I say? 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I'll just post what I wrote on another thread.

I agree, the way they attempted to transfer existing threads didn't work.  It's extremely  hard to find the threads we want.   I'm guessing the lack of sub-forums is a result of that transfer -- if they had set up a brand new "clean forum" without any of the old threads, we might be seeing sub-forums. 

But that's just a guess.  I've only been looking and trying to "tour" the site for a few minutes and so far I've seen an ancient thread from years ago mixed in with the new ones...  they did a very, very bad job of porting the old forum over to this one.

In addition, while they offer a myriad of settings they're going to take a bit of trial and error, without good, detailed help text to accompany the settings.

I'll add that I also miss the "My Activity" feature.  I used that frequently, to catch up on threads I'd been interested in.

What a fine mess we have here...

Just click on your avatar and it'll take you to your activity. Easier than before. 

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

I agree, the way they attempted to transfer existing threads didn't work.  It's extremely  hard to find the threads we want.   I'm guessing the lack of sub-forums is a result of that transfer -- if they had set up a brand new "clean forum" without any of the old threads, we might be seeing sub-forums. 

But that's just a guess.  I've only been looking and trying to "tour" the site for a few minutes and so far I've seen an ancient thread from years ago mixed in with the new ones...  they did a very, very bad job of porting the old forum over to this one.

In addition, while they offer a myriad of settings they're going to take a bit of trial and error, without good, detailed help text to accompany the settings.

I'll add that I also miss the "My Activity" feature.  I used that frequently, to catch up on threads I'd been interested in.

Just click on your avatar and it'll take you to your activity. Easier than before. 

Thanks, 60sGirl.  I've tried that, and all I get is a list of threads I started and info about "hearting."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

Thanks, 60sGirl.  I've tried that, and all I get is a list of threads I started and info about "hearting."

Oh, I see. I guess it does only show the ones we start and not all the threads in which we've replied? Correct? 

Super Contributor

If you set your preferences to Forum View only it makes a big difference.  Click on your name in the top right and there you'll find all sorts of goodies to make changes.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

I just noticed that once you open a thread to reply, you can't see what forum/subtopic you are in. That doesn't seem right.

ETA: My posts are the only ones without hearts? Nobody likes anything I say? 

I "heart" you, 60sGirl!Smiley Happy

(I think this "heart" business, the same as the "likes" on Facebook, is a popularity contest nobody really needs.  But QVC didn't ask my opinion about it.)

When you're replying, just look at the top of the page (the "breadcrumb trail") and you'll see which forum and topic you're in.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

okay, thanks, I see the breadcrumbs now. thanks

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

Oh, I see. I guess it does only show the ones we start and not all the threads in which we've replied? Correct? 

To the best of my knowledge, that's what it's showing.  Hope they can change that.