Trusted Contributor

Re: Got them fed before the storm

@MamaWick  They actually know the dinner bell?! Nothing short of amazing!! You and your husband are wonderful for helping out the deer!

This past week, my husband and I took the scenic route around our area while making a couple of shopping ventures, and saw A LOT of once heavily wooded land being cleared for more houses/subdivisions. I felt so bad for many reasons, but especially all the displaced wildlife! We have a lot of deer that come through our yard occasionally which was their home originally. We give them apples and carrots, but have not purchased deer food...yet. 🙂

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Wow what fun, bless you for taking care of them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I really do love those sweet deer. Thank you for all the great pictures of those darlings! @MamaWick 

Honored Contributor

I also think they look very thin,  maybe add to what is being feed,if this is texas,i would think since it is hot there,there might not be much natural things growing to eat.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Two winter ago ,here in maine, someone was feeding deer, maybe more than one person,earl spring they found many dead deer ,a bunch of them ,upon exsaming them,they found they died because of what they were fed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest it could have been corn.  Many people believe corn is good for them but it is terrible for their multi-chambered stomach and can kill them.  Deer do love corn but they don't know better.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix