Respected Contributor

Re: Got my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday

One thing I would like to add is that things have really ramped up in the three weeks since I got my first dose. Then there were 2 check in desks and maybe 8 vaccine stations.

Yesterday there were 9 check in desks and maybe 35 vaccine stations. A lot were second doses of course. Health Dept.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered political

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Thanks for letting us know your experience.  I'm getting my second dose of Moderna on Tuesday.  Several people I know got their second doses this week and are feeling achy and had chills.  I had no problem with the first dose, but that doesn't mean anything.  I'm just glad i'm able to get the vaccine.  Good luck to you.

@Travone 

That's what I've been reading, most people had only site soreness with the first one, but many experienced mild flu-like symptoms with the second.

Hope your second goes well!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info, I had my first injection yesterday, my arm was pretty sore last night but better today. My next dose is later this month so hopefully only mild to no symptoms.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@software 

You only get one shot at a time. The 2nd one is sceduled for a month later.

I always get any vaccinations (flu, pneumonia, shingles) in my non-dominate left arm, in case of soreness.

Yes I know, it's not why I asked

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

@software I can't imagine why they would object to you're getting the second shot in the other arm.

@wonderfulworld thank you for sharing your experience. I have read that there can be side effects after the second shot because the immune system shifts into high gear, so to speak. I also read it's best to take no pain relievers, let the vaccine in the immune system do their work, but if you have to take something, take Tylenol. If a fever pops, drink plenty of fluids. 

I explained why in my reply.

Honored Contributor

@software 

I apologize if I misunderstood your question at the time, since it wasn't mentioned why you were asking (:

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I have received both vaccines...just some soreness in the arm and thats all.  FYI...I was told by my nurse...Try to get them done in your dominant arm.  The reason was the more you use the arm the more ...the soreness goes away faster.

Respected Contributor

@software No, you're not required to take the second shot in the same arm. You can choose the site you think will be more comfortable for you with the second dose. I'll probably rotate the sites, that is,  if I can ever get an appointment. 

Super Contributor

The information I received from the county health.....Do Not take any pain medication prior to getting your vaccine shot......and do not take anything until 6 hours after getting the shot.....