Respected Contributor

Got my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday

Just reporting in. With the first I had a sore arm. Yesterday, the sore arm started up right away. Today I have body aches and my arm is still sore to move. My husband has had no reaction at all to either.

But pretty mild all together. If I were a working person I could have gone into work today.  But glad I am not.

Honored Contributor

Re: Got my second Pfizer vaccine yesterday

@wonderfulworld 

Thank you reporting your experience!

Tomorrow I get my first and it's helpful to know what to possibly expect.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

are you required to take both shots in the same arm?

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

Thank you reporting your experience!

Tomorrow I get my first and it's helpful to know what to possibly expect.

You are most welcome. I know that one poster was asking about experiences with Moderna so I figured I would let interested people know what I found out.

I have heard you should not take any pain medication before the vaccine. And to drink plenty of fluids and move your arm around. The injection itself was a very fine needle. Barely felt it either  time.

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

are you required to take both shots in the same arm?

I did one arm one time and the other the second. The nurse did write down which arm I chose but it didn't seem to matter. I got mine at our Health Dept.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for letting us know your experience.  I'm getting my second dose of Moderna on Tuesday.  Several people I know got their second doses this week and are feeling achy and had chills.  I had no problem with the first dose, but that doesn't mean anything.  I'm just glad i'm able to get the vaccine.  Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

@software 

You only get one shot at a time. The 2nd one is sceduled for a month later.

I always get any vaccinations (flu, pneumonia, shingles) in my non-dominate left arm, in case of soreness.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@software 

You only get one shot at a time. The 2nd one is sceduled for a month later.

I always get any vaccinations (flu, pneumonia, shingles) in my non-dominate left arm, in case of soreness.

I think you can pretty much count on soreness with this one.

Respected Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Thanks for letting us know your experience.  I'm getting my second dose of Moderna on Tuesday.  Several people I know got their second doses this week and are feeling achy and had chills.  I had no problem with the first dose, but that doesn't mean anything.  I'm just glad i'm able to get the vaccine.  Good luck to you.

My feelings exactly. Posters here are so helpful when I ask for info that I thought I would chime in with mine.

Respected Contributor

@software I can't imagine why they would object to you're getting the second shot in the other arm.

@wonderfulworld thank you for sharing your experience. I have read that there can be side effects after the second shot because the immune system shifts into high gear, so to speak. I also read it's best to take no pain relievers, let the vaccine in the immune system do their work, but if you have to take something, take Tylenol. If a fever pops, drink plenty of fluids.