Honored Contributor

Got my official walking papers today

I am off payroll, insurance, 401K, do not pass go, do not collect $200 as of next Friday the 13th.  How appropriate after almost two decades of loyalty.  There wasn't even a thank you in the don't let the door hit you memo.  

The new owners are making overtures like they expect me to stay on with them but no one's made me an offer yet.  Instead they are asking me to set them up in their new system while I'm still working for the old owners.  Don't you love this brave new world?  In the words of Judge Judy, does it say "stupid" on my forehead? The material for my humorous essay book keeps getting better.

Good news is one of my GM's has a wife who called a local store with a pharmacy opening and told them to hire me part time since she has no openings at her store.   I applied tonight.  That's three apps in and I am waiting for the offers to start pouring in.  Smiley Very Happy   Laura needs a paycheck!  

Just goes to show the good people are still here to overcome the unappreciative ones.  ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got my official walking papers today

[ Edited ]

@Laura14  You're on your way to greatness!! You will be awesome.Enjoy the adventure!!🍾💐

Just remember, you're smart & you're  deserving.Your time is now.Believe in yourself & the sky is the limit!!

Good luck!! 👍🏻 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14    Don't forget to file for Unemployment Insurance after your last day of work.  In most, if not all states, this can now be done by phone.  Call your state employment/workforce office for information.  It might or might not be to your advantage to work part-time as it depends on the rules in your state.

If you have questions, page me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

I hope you get more offers than you know what to do with!!

The best is yet to come!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Thank you!  I didn't even think of that as a possibility.  I will definitely look into that.  I just exhaled a bit.  You guys are just the best!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two years ago my business fired 4 of the best, most loyal, most productive employees without any notice.  The issue was they were full time employees and the corporation was purging all of their employees in that particular category because the employees received benefits, including medical insurance.  It suc**, to put it in the vernacular.  Great economy?  Not for you.  Not for my friends who were fired.  

I feel your pain. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14   It will definitely ease the budget burden.  The amount for which you're eligible is determined by each state's legislature but it can be more generous than you might think.  It'll help.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Tell them you’ll happily help them out for 2.5x your current salary + health insurance coverage.  😉

Let the new offers Roll on in!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

If the new owners asked you to stay on with your current benefits (i.e. health insurance, 401K), would you?  

Esteemed Contributor

Thoughts and prayers are with you @Laura14 ❤️