Respected Contributor

Re: Got my license - I am an RN

Related image

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations! I know you worked hard to become a RN. I am an RN now since 1980 and have had a wonderful career. It is not always easy but wonderful! I honestly don't know where all the years went. Nursing has never failed me, I have always had a good job. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe, Congratulations to you!  All your sacrifices and hard work have now paid off.  You will now have the opportunity to make such a positive difference to many people.  I wish you many years of success and happiness ahead.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!

Hyacinth, RN

Contributor

Wonderful! Congrats! You had to work hard for this achievement!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the kind replies, Everyone. I really do appreciate them.
Valued Contributor

As a retired nurse I say God Bless you.  You will never regret this wonderful career.  You can take it anywhere you choose. A word to you...I do remember graduating at the 2nd to top of my class.  I was  so proud.  However I felt quite deflated when I started to work.  Those initials after your name means everyone thinks you know it ALL..  remember learning never stops and you will have the ability to UNDERSTAND the research you will need to do.  Find a good mentor and never be afraid to ask questions.  Never put ypur license in jeopardy. Make sure the establishment where you work has your back.  and above all purchase malpractice insurance.   You will be fine....All the best !!

Contributor

Congrats to you.....you will never regret it....you must be so proud of yourself.......I am age 82 retired Psych RN....whatever you choose as your specialty ...take the extra classes and get certified.....VERY important.....you will then have RNC after your name.....good luck...

Honored Contributor

I have never been sick enough to need nursing care but recently I have looked after my mom who gets much care.I must say that nurses are the angels on earth.I can’t tell you how much they do for my mom and all with a smile and understanding.I have so much respect and regard for those nurses that I wish there was something I could do for them.My mom has Alzheimer’s and is a very difficult patient but these committed nurses continue to give the best care.I love those nurses.Congratulations and  thanks to all who have chosen this careeer.You are special.