Honored Contributor

Got my OFFICIAL COLA /Medicare increase notice today

My COLA increase was $5.90 and my medicare deduction was increased 5.10 so in the end I am + 80 cents. I'm not complaining. My DH had $1 higher medicare increase than I did. I can use that 80 cents to buy 2 senior coffees at McDonalds.

Respected Contributor

Re: Got my OFFICIAL COLA /Medicare increase notice today

@151949  WooHoo, lucky you, I just broke even

Esteemed Contributor

I broke even, too...not even a cup of coffee for me!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@spix wrote:

@151949  WooHoo, lucky you, I just broke even

See - there is always someone you are better off than. I am better off than you & my DH - he just broke even as well.

Valued Contributor

I broke even.  I suppose I should be happy.

Honored Contributor

This is why I never understand when posters complain about the COLA increase being small - they will take it back in the medicare payment anyway so what's the difference? In the end, the amount that actually goes in your pocket is so small as to be insignificant anyway.

Respected Contributor

There's no change in mine either, but I'm grateful for what I get. I could increase my income by not buying new clothes....now there's a good idea. Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

DH & I cleaned out our closets this fall - we threw away 3 bags of stuff that was unredeemable and donated 5 large black plastic bags stuffed with clothes. It made a ton of room in our closets, and we have both sworn off buying any clothes unless absolutely needed.No buying just because something looks pretty. We have way too many pretty clothes already.So we are both shopping our closets and enjoying having room in them to move. It does definately save you money.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

My COLA increase was $5.90 and my medicare deduction was increased 5.10 so in the end I am + 80 cents. I'm not complaining. My DH had $1 higher medicare increase than I did. I can use that 80 cents to buy 2 senior coffees at McDonalds.

@151949  That's outstanding!!!!  Enjoy that coffee!Heart