Honored Contributor

Re: Got my 1st Moderna shot yesterday

@songbird wrote:

@gidgetgh   Well....I'm done.  Took so fast!  Even faster then the last time.  I came in early, the only one there.  I was vaccinated under 2 minutes.  Came out and a whole bunch of people were.  Turns out I didn't have to wait 15 minutes or what ever.  Just the first time.  Anyway I'm fine, too early to feel side effects.  I'll be OK!  And thank you.

Yay!  Congrats.   

When I got my second shot  two weeks ago, especially since they wouldn't give an appointment (it was just - come in before 4pm), I was afraid that it would be crazy time.  But I showed up at the Walgreen's at about 10am and I got in first!  While I was there, and when I left, there were only a few other peeps waiting.

It's nice to get beyond the anticipation and find yourself on the other side, no worse for the wear.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It is amazing how easy it is now to get vaccinated.  They issued a new link in our state to make it easier to get and what vaccine you want!  You have your choice now of all 3 vaccines. As soon as I found out I was qualified, it was like whoosh!  All at once everyone was to trying get an appointment.  Then just before I was able to get though, it was wide open to everyone and easy to get.  I was lucky to get a Rite Aide less then a block from my house!  I could have gotten the Pfizer (the one I wanted) but it was far, so I took the Moderna.  So far, I'm fine and its' been 4 hours.  I didn't have to wait either.  I was in and out in a minute.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

It is amazing how easy it is now to get vaccinated.  They issued a new link in our state to make it easier to get and what vaccine you want!  You have your choice now of all 3 vaccines. As soon as I found out I was qualified, it was like whoosh!  All at once everyone was to trying get an appointment.  Then just before I was able to get though, it was wide open to everyone and easy to get.  I was lucky to get a Rite Aide less then a block from my house!  I could have gotten the Pfizer (the one I wanted) but it was far, so I took the Moderna.  So far, I'm fine and its' been 4 hours.  I didn't have to wait either.  I was in and out in a minute.  

@songbird - my fellow Moderna vaccine sister.....my side effects from shot 2 started at hour 15, the witching hour, LOL.  I am hoping you sail right through. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I had my second Moderna shot on Tuesday morning. By that evening I was achy and sore all over, like I had the flu. I could not sleep. Finally got up at 3:00 AM to take some Advil PM. On Wednesday I was still very achy and tired. Today I felt fine. My husband had no reaction at all. Someone told me that if you do have a reaction like that, it means you have a healthy immune system. So I am going with that theory and saying “good job” to my body!
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Almost no side effects from my second shot.  Still am shocked by it.  My side effect from my first shot as a very soft arm.  So sore, I took an Advil.  This second time nothing....  I kept feeling and testing my arm. I think this was because I was expecting to feel some kind of discomfort.  But I felt no discomfort at all.  I know everyone experienced something different, but still......nothing at all?

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Almost no side effects from my second shot.  Still am shocked by it.  My side effect from my first shot as a very soft arm.  So sore, I took an Advil.  This second time nothing....  I kept feeling and testing my arm. I think this was because I was expecting to feel some kind of discomfort.  But I felt no discomfort at all.  I know everyone experienced something different, but still......nothing at all?

My first was just about the worst ever.  So I was all ready with the second, water by the bed, nightgown and lights set...

Then nothing.  Finally gave waiting for the lighting to strike and went to bed 🤣

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining  That was funny.  It was all overblown (to me) because I was expecting the absolute worst.  And it turned out to be nothing.  My husband had no symptoms after his first shot.  He still have one more to go.

Esteemed Contributor

After my first Moderna shot, I almost didn't return for the second. I was told after the second shot, I would have virus symptoms, headache, chills and fever, temperature, nauseau and other after effects.

I inquired if he meant "some people" might have these symptoms, and he rolled his eyes and said no. 

After the second shot, my arm was a litle sore for a couple days. That's all!  

Valued Contributor

I know several people who got the vaccine and it seems completely random on who has side effects and who doesn’t. Some have very mild, if any, side effects and some have “flu-like symptoms” for a day. I’ve heard scientists explain every body is different and how your system reacts.