Honored Contributor

Re: Got a sign, "use carport door"

I don't know what a carport is either

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I don't know what a carport is either

It's a garage with no walls...just a roof. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This is a house with a "carport"....probably a regional term for covered parking:

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

We had screen doors growing up. Now I have security doors.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love carports.  People are actually induced to park a car there, not store unused stuff.

Some of my neighbors have them and yes, they do have side doors that enter the home from the "port".

I have a front porch and generally that's where deliveries land, but sometimes they are left leaning on the garage door and I wonder why.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I have a sign (handwritten) that says "Please leave packages here" that has an arrow and they know to open the garage door and put package inside, if weather's bad or leave just outside that door.  Newbees leave at front stoop unless we catch them or go get the package right away and they see the garage door we come from, and then see the sign.  Sometimes they park the truck out of view of the sign.  

Honored Contributor

you can give the drivers instructions on where to leave packages, it's somewhere in settings

Honored Contributor

I added a note about delivering to my back door on Amazon and that's where all Amazon drivers leave my packages.

Honored Contributor

Amazon Prime left one of our packages in the snow on the ground and 1/4 mile from our home.

Respected Contributor

I think that's the smallest font I've ever seen....well, at least I'm trying to see it. 👀