Honored Contributor

Fraud departments of banks say it could even be a physical card created & used in a store. It could have been months ago that it happened (not weeks)  & think how many millions of people’s accounts were compromised by Equifax.

Don’t leave credit card info on websites either.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

So that’s why my husband pays for everything with cash. I use my credit card for my purchases. I wouldn’t use a credit card on Amazon. A friend had problems. Thankfully I use my CC when I purchase from QVC. 

Trusted Contributor

@songbirdThis just happened to me this week with mastercard. They called with an alert, asked me to verify some purchases, I am in NC, someone was using my card in Chicago, but I had my card in my wallet. I had purchased  something from bed, bath and beyond and Lowes online the previous week, but who knows when or how my number was obtained for sure. So unnerving. Crooks, thieves and degnerates around every corner breathing down your back. And the continuous scam phonecalls. I hope Karma gets them good one day. 

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I opened up my Visa account and saw a pending charge for $1,077.00 that I knew nothing about.  I called my Visa and they stopped my card.  Another authorization was done this morning for over a $1,000.00.  This was stopped too.  Those were the only charges that were fraudulent.I will get a new card sent in the mail.  I have no idea how my card was compromised.

My card was in my possession.  It was done online

Sign up to be notified.  I'm notified if even a $1 is charged on my card.  That way you know immediately.