Honored Contributor

Got WARNING! DataBreach this am when trying to sign in

and I have chrome and WOT-

I have never received this warning before!

I don't have AVG like others were saying yesterday, and only got this this am, but something is "not right in the state of Denmark!"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Got WARNING! DataBreach this am when trying to sign in

[ Edited ]

@on the bay   from qvc or elsewhere?

@on the bay   editing here.  Read about the possibility, but can't seem to find a date when the breach occurred?  Any details on a date

Honored Contributor

Did you run a virus/malware check after that warning? It sounds like it's your device.

Trusted Contributor

I have Apple devices so I don't use any of those services, but it seems to me that if there really is a data breach then QVC would contact  us directly. Have any of you who got this message tried contacting AVG directly? Also check the URL. This sounds like a phishing expedition to trick you into giving your personal info. They try. Oh, how they try!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also get a warning from Avast Web Shield blocking a harmful webpage or file ending in cloudfront.net

I am on an HP windows laptop, Chrome browser.  The warning is only on QVC.  All other sites are ok.  I don't use the laptop every day.  No warnings on my tablets.

Edited:  I ran 3 scans--Avast, Malwarebytes and CC  cleaner with nothing showing up.

Trusted Contributor

This looks more like a problem on AVG's end not QVC. There are people experiencing this on other "sites" and the only common factor is AVG.  I did some research and found plenty of articles on it happening for a while now and several people have posted what they found.  One tech guy posted: (he was trying to reach Amazon)

"I started having this issue today  as well after updating to the latest version of Avast AV so it's not just you. I do have an ad blocker add in installed in Firefox (uBlock Origin) and thought that might be the issue and tried disabling it and clearing cache/cookies/DNS but no good. I then tried amazon.com in Chrome and IE (where I don't have any add ons at all) and have the same problem which means it's not a browser issue but something computer wide."
     "I then temporarily disabled Avast and tried the site again...and it worked right away across all 3 browsers. I rebooted (which re-enabled Avast) and the issue came right back. So unless there is something legitimately malicious on the Amazon site, it's definitely an Avast issue in some form (the way it's handling the Amazon.com site or elements within too aggressively)."
     To test, try disabling your Avast temporarily (or each shield individually temporarily) and see if you still have the issue.  I dont think its a legitimate malware threat, I think something got into the definitions the web shield uses."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay @This could be the same kind of phony pop up that was occurring on the ProBoards. The one on the ProBoards was a phony site pretending to be McAfee. It's not real and it's designed to get you to click on it to get information from you. ProBoards

security solved the problem. The pop up occurred even if you shut off pop ups because it is technically a type of adware that bypasses your turning off of pop ups or use of pop up blockers.  Mine said my PC was infected with viruses. There was no Trojan and there was nothing coming from McAfee. Funny, since I was on an iPad, not a PC.  It wanted me and others on the ProBoards to press SCAN. If it happens again, screen shot the pop up and email the social team with your photos and information about your device and the browser you are on. Ask them to alert their IT Dept. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was phony. A ploy. Impersonating McAfee.

22E4897B-8FB5-487D-9C27-AE1AF3DC80D0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

EE96BC5B-32E4-404F-9221-64D9444239D0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

5A36FBCF-A223-48ED-9F05-25EACAADBC89.jpeg7FF31B3F-62E5-4898-A26A-B2891647DF6D.jpeg