Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got Something Yummmy At Costco Food Court

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Costco does have good deals on things at their food court!  LOVE Costco❤️

Costco doesn't make much profit at the food court --- it's a way to draw people into the stores.

Honored Contributor

This thread reminds me of my Mom. We went to Costco together often, and we loved to get the soft serve ice cream at the food court after we checked out. The vanilla and chocolate swirl. Costco is so associated with her for me, don't see myself ever being able to go there again.

Sorry for the downer post..

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I'm going to get one. I was surprised to see the last time I was there that out Costco food court had reopened .
Honored Contributor

Their loss leader in the food court is the hot dog and soft drink for $1.50. They say they will never raise the price on it or the whole rotisserie chicken which is $4.99. I tried the mocha freeze that used to be called something else here; way too strong for me. I do like the frozen yogurt...but now it says it is ice cream.....dangerous for me to get started on that!
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21. Ditto for me and my mom. She was unable to hobble around that vast warehouse but loved going to the food court for the hot dog and soda deal. We had some great conversations in the food court over those meals.

My mom is gone and I still go to Costco and still get the hot dog deal. It is sad, but always makes me think of her and some good times. I hope you go back.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I'm sorry you have sad memories of Costco. But you are lucky to have happy memories of your mom. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Maybe I'm just stingy, but $3.29 for 12 ounces doesn't seem cheap. Not compared to a 9-oz. shake at Burger King for $1 or a 16-ounce Iced Mocha at McDonald's for $2.89.

Honored Contributor

I love mocha flavored foods, too, but at 49 grams of carb, I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

@tansy Yes, but it's not something I'll be having very often!

Honored Contributor

@noodleann It may be a bit more than 12 oz. and for this area, that IS cheap. There's not a BK nearby plus I don't care for shakes all that much. Give me anything mocha any day!