Honored Contributor

Got My Nordstrom Anniversary Catalog

I always look forward to getting this catalog and usually buy one or two items. Looking through the catalog, nothing wowed me, I’m disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got My Nordstrom Anniversary Catalog

@Jordan2, I have found that to be true for the last few years.  Very disappointing.   Nothing special at all anymore.  I haven't received my catalog yet.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Jordan,  I find the Nordies sale catalogue usually very off-putting--but I always do get drawn into that sale eventually.  Good buys on cosmetics, SHOES, bras, hosiery such as tights (which other stores hardly sell), and miscellaneous silken garb. Accessory scarves, too.

I love to purchase silk blouses and sweaters for work b/c they can usually be handwashed and tend to be durable & hold up over the years.  Good values on Eileen Fisher clothing, too--there are always a few EF pieces in the sale.

But the catalogue??  I think it's the way they overstyle the outfits. The models are tricked out like Christmas trees.  Haven't gotten this year's yet, though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree that the catalog does nothing for me and hasn't in a few years; I think it's just another part of Nordstrom that has changed since those in charge stepped down and the younger set took over (family members who run the company).

I also don't like that they used to include ALL the sets/specials in cosmetics instead of just a few; you either have to go in or go online to see them. if you don't shop online, you're going to miss a HUGE amount of specials and promos because the SA's often don't know anything other than what their store carries.

Last, I usually find things I want that are NOT mentioned in the catalogs to be priced to my liking when I go to the store. The catalog is geared to a certain demographic which I find funny because most of them still need mom and/or dad to pay for the stuff. 

Honored Contributor

I’m hoping when I go online there will be more sale items than in the catalog.

Honored Contributor

I have found several things,mostly accessories, that I buy for gifts or myself...one great scarf or wrap can take a plain black top or sweater and pants and make it appropriate to wear anywhere...my catalog should be here soon...the only thing that is off_putting to me are the zombie or near-death look of some of the models...even my granddaughters say no way for the stuff the freaks are modeling
Honored Contributor

I haven't received my catalog yet.  I agree that the younger generation changed things but somehow I usually find a few items to purchase.  I also have $80 in Nordstrom notes that I have to use.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I’m hoping when I go online there will be more sale items than in the catalog.

The printed catalogs only have a small fraction of the items in the sale.

Valued Contributor

Seems to be about the same stuff every year. Sales are not like they used to be.
Respected Contributor

The last few years I've been disappointed with the catalog.  Somehow I manage to spend more money than I care to say.

I hope my catalog arrives soon.