Respected Contributor

Re: Got My New Heat Oil Budget Amount..

There is no way I'll ever drive one of the electric cars.

Most look like they came off the assembly line in old East Germany. The good looking ones are way more than I'd ever pay. Electric cars also need new batteries that, by all accounts, are outrageously expensive and equally as devastating to the environment to produce. i.e. lithium needs to be mined etc. And just where do the old batteries go?

Sadly, the whole situation has been, as usual, politicized and turned into a screaming match, where the losers are everyday hard working people who have to pay the high prices.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I do feel bad for people who live in areas with poorly maintained electrical grids. They're kind of stuck now because of where they live.

There are always drawbacks to living far from amenities because you prefer your privacy and/or because you want to pay a lower cost of living.

When something goes wrong, all the cracks suddenly show and there's no safety net. All of a sudden a low cost of living disappears, and living gets unusually expensive--because it turns out those cost of living savings had been artificially supported by short term gains at the expense of long term stability.

We all know strong robust infrastructure costs a lot of money, and most of us want to avoid paying for it. Then when predictable problems happen, those who live in places that didn't invest for the long haul have to suffer for it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

We all know strong robust infrastructure costs a lot of money, and most of us want to avoid paying for it. Then when predictable problems happen, those who live in places that didn't invest for the long haul have to suffer for it.

where did the 1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill money go?

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 thank the almighty,cold does not bother me.i sleep so much better.it is the heat and humidity that drag me down.once my air comes on,it runs until the end of october.i figure what in the world do I work 2 jobs for.im going to be comfortable in my own home

Honored Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

where did the 1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill money go?

It all comes down to local decision making.

I don't think we can discuss individual bills here because that would be considered political.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

What, me worry?  Alfred E. Newman