Esteemed Contributor

Got My New Heat Oil Budget Amount..

New amounts are calculated in June of every year.  $315.00 a month startng 6/10/22.  Last year stated at $120.00 but was raised to $185.00 about 3 months ago based on prices going up and my usage when the deep freeze set in in January/Feb.

Not a good thing but I am shocked it was not more. Hopefully it will be a somewhat milder winter and the payment will go down some next June.

Am in NE PA.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got My New Heat Oil Budget Amount..

Hope the cost of fuel goes down....down...down

If it's cheap - don't care how cold it gets.  crank the old thermostat

up and up till cozy warm.

LOL

Honored Contributor

This is not good.   Hoping prices drop probably won't help much.

Might be a good idea to look into installing fireplaces.  Don't know much about the smaller portables, but they seem to sell a lot of them.   

It's always good to have a Plan B.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Hope the cost of fuel goes down....down...down

If it's cheap - don't care how cold it gets.  crank the old thermostat

up and up till cozy warm.

LOL

@fthunt 

Keep on hoping! Unless oil starts coming from our country? Up/up/up! There is a reason they are updating some gas pumps out West to add another digit, maybe 2. And that reason is the high now is 9.99 per gallon is going to need another 1-9 digit.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

Most of the gas stations in my local area of southern WV are replacing all gas pumps that will be capable of displaying a per gallon price with 4 digits.  

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

New amounts are calculated in June of every year.  $315.00 a month startng 6/10/22.  Last year stated at $120.00 but was raised to $185.00 about 3 months ago based on prices going up and my usage when the deep freeze set in in January/Feb.

Not a good thing but I am shocked it was not more. Hopefully it will be a somewhat milder winter and the payment will go down some next June.

Am in NE PA.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   My oil budget renews in August.  I'm a little nervous. Last year I locked in at $336/month which I didn't think was too bad because it's a 2-family home. We do have a fireplace which we use from time to time but it's hardly enough to heat all of my side.  I have a wait and see attitude. Not much you can do. I live in CT.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our furnace and waterheater are natural gas. They are jacking up the cost for it and I know we will have to keep the heat down and the blankets on in the winter, now more than ever. 
Many of the gas stations here started adding the extra digit for the price several weeks ago.....guess they knew what was coming.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like electric vehicles will be seeing a surge in demand.

Super Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

And who can afford that?  Where will the electricity come from?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Seems people think EV's are powered for free?  

My current vehicle is paid for. Add the cost of your car payment, bigger car insurance premium and a fillup of electricity.

Let me know your numbers.