Esteemed Contributor

I was surprised very early this morning when checking my bank accounts online that I had received my $600 from Uncle Sam. Didn't realize it would come so soon.

Trusted Contributor

We got our $1200.00 the day after they signed the bill. I was shocked!

Honored Contributor

Happy shopping.  

Honored Contributor

Ours is going towards property taxes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Got My $600

[ Edited ]

Puzzling, as the IRS has the direct deposit information and the last stimulus payment was made by direct deposit, but I received an actual check in the mail yesterday, which I'll deposit tomorrow. 

I have no idea why they sent a check.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Could the paper check have anything to do with the date of DH's death?   (I'm so sorry-I can't locate even the year in my memory-it feels so fresh to me.)

Esteemed Contributor

We are spending half and saving half...

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@gidgetgh Could the paper check have anything to do with the date of DH's death?   (I'm so sorry-I can't locate even the year in my memory-it feels so fresh to me.)

@millieshops - I don't know.  He passed away in July but the bank account number we used for direct deposit didn't change.  No biggie as it's no problem for me to go to the bank, it gives me something to do, but I just thought it was weird. And it was one check and made payable to me. So that was correct.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got My $600

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Ours is going towards property taxes.

@deepwaterdotter 

And the greater portion of mine just a while ago got sent back to Uncle Sam in the form of my estimated final tax payment for 2020 due on the 15th. 

He giveth with one hand taketh away with the other. (or something like that)

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Puzzling, as the IRS has the direct deposit information and the last stimulus payment was made by direct deposit, but I received an actual check in the mail yesterday, which I'll deposit tomorrow. 

I have no idea why they sent a check.

that's how they sent to me the last stimulus IRS and SS has all the correct info...I sure don't get it...hubby passed 5 yrs ago...sure hope it's a direct deposit this time