Honored Contributor

Got Angry With Wrong Company

[ Edited ]

There are so many lawn service companies with 'Green' as part of their name. When DH and I went out to mow and trim yesterday, I noticed yard markers in many neighbor's yards saying insecticide had been sprayed. Then I saw granular fertilizer/insecticide on the concrete driveway. It upset me that no markers had been set out so DH checked the warning on the neighbor's marker. We were to stay off lawn for two days. I called and said we had no warning marker. Some poor worker answered and said they take a picture showing the house number and warning marker to protect themselves, but the office manager would call back in Monday. I've since realized I called the wrong company so I hope they just think it was a crank call. The 48 hours have passed and we can do our yard work, so I should have let it go.

Respected Contributor

Re: Got Angry With Wrong Company

So whats the rest of the story.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

There are so many lawn service companies with 'Green' as part of their name. When DH and I went out to mow and trim yesterday, I noticed yard markers in many neighbor's yards saying insecticide had been sprayed. 

AND,what happened?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Mistakes happen.  I would call back and explain and apologize.

Honored Contributor

May be we should guess what happened!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I get being upset.  I saw two neighbors each lose a dog due to the lawn people not placing a warning after doing the grass.  It was awful.

Maybe call and apologize though.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

• @AuntG wrote:

There are so many lawn service companies with 'Green' as part of their name. When DH and I went out to mow and trim yesterday, I noticed yard markers in many neighbor's yards saying insecticide had been sprayed. Then I saw granular fertilizer/insecticide on the concrete driveway. It upset me that no markers had been set out so DH checked the warning on the neighbor's marker. We were to stay off lawn for two days. I called and said we had no warning marker. Some poor worker answered and said they take a picture showing the house number and warning marker to protect themselves, but the office manager would call back in Monday. I've since realized I called the wrong company so I hope they just think it was a crank call. The 48 hours have passed and we can do our yard work, so I should have let it go.

@AuntG 

I realize this is about contacting the wrong company, but if it was on neighbors yard why did you have to stay off yours?  I don't understand.  Also if their lawn service applied it why did some of it end up on your driveway?  That is what I would be furious about and inform them they better check property lines with your town hall before the next application otherwise you will be seeking legal recourse.  Those insecticide (and fertilizer applications too) can be very dangerous.  I would definitely call the correct company and give them notice for future applications.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

May be we should guess what happened!

---- 

It's there now @goldensrbest . I didn't realize you could see the post while I was editing it. I was trying to figure out how to make a long story short while still providing enough details.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  I was just thinking about the name of our lawn company on Friday to make sure I called the right one.  I didn’t want to call the wrong one.  You’re right - too many have the word “Green” in the name.   I needed to call ours for possible grubs in the lawn and I had to search for an old invoice to make sure I got the name right.  Our local company’s name that we use is very similar to a popular national company with the word Green in it.  I’m thinking these companies get a lot of mixed up calls. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG  I'm still confused. Have you contacted the wrong Green Company to let them know you made a mistake? And, have you called the correct Green Company to make sure the granules are not spread on your driveway again? 

We need the rest of the story. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.