Honored Contributor

Re: Got An Email From WW (Weight Watchers)

I just got an email from WW, they are extending virtual meetings to May 31. I'm doing the virtual meetings, but I feel I'm not getting anything out of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just got an email from WW, they are extending virtual meetings to May 31. I'm doing the virtual meetings, but I feel I'm not getting anything out of it.

@Jordan2 talk to the leader of the group about this- the leader of my weight loss support group meeting has been doing whatever she can to make it work best for all. 

Honored Contributor

I went to my WW Studio yesterday to weigh in ( the first time since March). This was just a drop and shop, no meeting. If you want to go to a meeting you must reserve your spot ( there are only 18 spots), if you are more than 5 minutes late they give your seat away. The chairs are so far apart, it’s like your sitting all alone. I have been doing the virtual meetings which I will continue to do. Everything is contactless. You take a shopping bag, put any items you want to purchase inside. You are weighed with your shoes on, no more booklets, your weight gets sent to the app. When paying for your items, no cash, you hold up your item against the plexiglass, it is scanned, you enter your credit card yourself. The whole procedure takes much longer than it use too. Best thing is I am in good standing as a Lifetime member.

Esteemed Contributor

If anything, this pandemic has shown that in person meetings are not necessary.

They can be done by Zoom or Skype, and any goodies that need to be bought, can be purchased in line.

I predict that in-person meetings will become a thing of the past.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I gave up on the zoom virtual meetings last month and changed over to digital only.  I never had the video on but I did talk once in a while.   Much cheaper.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

Both in-person workshops and virtual workshops are continuing. 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, today you can get 20% off an order and if you spend $30 you get your choice of a free cookbook. The promo code is on the WW website.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2  In my opinion WW should not be havingh any public meetings at all until the pandemic is much more under control. WW can be done on your own or online. This is a public health crisis .