Esteemed Contributor

Re: Got An Email From WW (Weight Watchers)

@Jordan2 

When following WW totally understand obsessive  mindset on the regime to be successful.  It really helps.

Since this threatening crisis has set in I have easily lost 4 pounds trying to eat as many immune fighting fresh veggies soups and smoothies as possible and have not tracked a thing except my weight( showing off).

Your meetings will resume and try to go back as the one who was the most successful this most difficult time in life otherwise you will eventally fall off the wagon for any reason.  More workouts, meditation, stretching and free veggies and fruits any way you like. Wishing you well.

Esteemed Contributor

Living alone, I made chicken soup for the week and lost weight, because I,m trying to conserve food I can,t get out, elderly.  Not gorging on anything all day.  Secret, eat least, smaller portions.  I don,t eat candy, I am a bread person, but want a candy bar.  

I think now is not the time to diet, just my opinion.  We may have trouble getting food, so you want some meat on you. Just me.

Super Contributor

@Jordan2  WW really doesn't work in the long run- meetings are a crutch- the only way to be successful with weight loss is to do it alone, you are your own movtivator not a group of rah rah people- I have done them all WW, Jenny Craig, Nutri system and none of them work- I attended WW meetings back in the day and it was disgusting all the clapping and such that went on not to mention that when you weighed in if you didn't lose how degrading the leaders were- do it yourself, watch your carbs and exercise and stop going to the rah rah meetings, you will be successful on your own

Honored Contributor

@arizona babe everyone does what works for them, that's why there are so many weight loss programs. I have been going to WW for eons, I enjoy it, I'm a Lifetime member in good standing for over 15 years. I go to a meeting weekly and always weigh in, it keeps me accountable.

Honored Contributor

I did my second virtual meeting this morning. I suppose these meetings are better than nothing, however there are times the video and audio isn't good. Some of the members haven't gotten the hang of signing on, the camera, and knowing when to speak. I guess this will be the normal for awhile.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@arizona babe wrote:

@Jordan2  WW really doesn't work in the long run- meetings are a crutch- the only way to be successful with weight loss is to do it alone, you are your own movtivator not a group of rah rah people- I have done them all WW, Jenny Craig, Nutri system and none of them work- I attended WW meetings back in the day and it was disgusting all the clapping and such that went on not to mention that when you weighed in if you didn't lose how degrading the leaders were- do it yourself, watch your carbs and exercise and stop going to the rah rah meetings, you will be successful on your own

I beg to differ! First of all, I (and many others I know), have lost a lot of weight and been successful keeping it off. It is NOT a "crutch". The "rah rah people" are not the ones doing the work. YOU are the one doing the work. The members are a great support system. Second, mindset is everything. If you have such a negative outlook and hate celebrating the successes of yourself and others, you are setting yourself up to have a negative experience. Third, I'm not sure how long ago you attended workshops, but no one at WW (coaches or guides) is "degrading" to their members. I know that decades ago, the approach was perhaps more strict, but currently, it's a very supportive environment. As a guide, the people I see that are the most successful have a positive and open mindset, are ready to make a lifestyle change, are not expecting the program to magically work if they don't follow it, and embrace and support their fellow members. Each member is encouraged to visit workshops to find one that fits their personality. As someone who did it on my own over and over for many years, this is the first time that the weight (over 100 pounds) has stayed off. It is a fantastic program, and the members I saw this morning (virtual workshop) expressed their thanks that we were there.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

If you are a WW member you can shop online, they're offering free shipping on orders of $25 and 25% off. The code is on the website (I don't know if it's against the rules to post it). I ordered a couple of crunchy snacks, breakfast cookies, and a mini bar.

Honored Contributor

For any WW members, if you spend $20 you get a free box of snacks ( there is a code, I don't know if I can post it),  free shipping on orders of $25 ( The free box is just for a week)

Honored Contributor

I don't like the virtual meeting as well as I'd like but they're better than nothing.  I never turn the camera on.  In the wintertime, it would be nice to use this but for right now, I look forward for a reason to gout and interact with people.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Many people need WW now more than ever.  Many of us do WW or have done WW in the past due to emotional eating.

I'm glad WW is doing remote meetings.  It's better than nothing and hopefully keeps the meeting group together.  

@VaBelle35 I lost a lot of weight in 2015/2016 [approx 90 lbs]-  and attend support groups at the hospital every month. They have meetings at  hospital locales further away as well-depending on my schedule I'll attend them.. Now with zoom meetings I attend them ALL!  Between that, and tracking my food religiously, I'm keeping myself accountable. I'm not  exercising like I had been, I need to take advantage of the virtual exercise classes; the lack of people contact  just isnt' the same though.

I hope my support group  continues to have the zoom option when  covid19 is more controlled!