Honored Contributor

Re: Got An Email From WW (Weight Watchers)

[ Edited ]

I had my WW meeting this morning and there were only eight people there, whereas, the norm is between 25 and thirty.  I had to chuckle when I saw that the Leader of our group was not there.  She has a FB page for our group but she made no mention that she was going to have a sub. That's fine,though.  Understood.

The Leaders don't know any more than we doat the moment. Our sub leader said that they found out about the change when we did.  They will have training this week so that the virtual meetings can start Thursday. She stressed that this is being done for everybody's welfare.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good grief, its only for a few weeks.

Honored Contributor

I changed my membership from meetings to digital for the time being, I personally do not want to be that closed to any one other than my hubby these days

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I meant to post this earlier, I forgot. Last Thursday was the first day of the virtual meetings. I actually took part in the very first one. If you are a WW member ( only WW members can take part) you need to download the Zoom app ( create an account) and the WW app. You get on the WW app and click on connect them browse groups you look for where you go to meetings. You have to do this when there is an actual meeting happening. You put your own weight in so you get your 50 wellness wins reward credits. You can turn off your camera if you want, you remain on mute until you are recognized to speak ( by showing the icon for hand raised). This will take getting use to, some people had a hard time getting on, I think there are some things to iron out, but at least it's something.

Honored Contributor

Many people need WW now more than ever.  Many of us do WW or have done WW in the past due to emotional eating.

I'm glad WW is doing remote meetings.  It's better than nothing and hopefully keeps the meeting group together.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

So at first WW was going to have their meetings at the studios limited to 44 people, spacing the chairs apart for social distancing. If you didn't have a seat, you would have to leave, first come first served. Now I got an email, WW will not have meetings in their studios from 3/16-4/4. They will send members a link for virtual meetings online. If I wanted to do online meetings, I would have signed up for them. Now you won't be able to weigh in, anyone with a weight problem knows how dangerous this can be. I'm very unhappy.

I am a Guide with WW. I did a virtual workshop on Thursday and three on Saturday, and our members were really happy to have this option. Personally, I am very happy that WW is doing this. Had they continued to hold the in-person workshops, I would have not have worked. It would have been irresponsible to all involved. Speaking for the staff, you may be surprised at the number of members who come in sick, thinking that they can just weigh in and leave and not put anyone in danger of catching anything. 

I understand the need for community and accountability, of course. I lost over 100 pounds myself with the program and depended on my weekly workshops. The virtual workshops still allow this to occur. People can see each other and talk, and it makes us feel like we're all in this together at a time when we are asked to isolate ourselves. Regarding weigh-in, weigh yourself at home and put the weight in your app on your weigh-in day, and you will receive the 50 wins. (If you don't have a scale, put in your last WW weight). The wins will only show in your total, though. The icon will not flip over in your app as it does when you track meals. Know that WW understands the need for people to be able to connect at this time, and I think that they have come up with a great solution. FYI, they put this whole thing together in about three days. My bosses in my local territory pretty much worked 24/7, and we as providers had several zoom calls, emails, etc. to get this learned as quickly as possible so that we could serve our members. (BTW, there has never been an option to sign up for online meetings. The online program does not include meetings of any type.) I have a feeling that this is going to continue for awhile. Best of luck to you!

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I meant to post this earlier, I forgot. Last Thursday was the first day of the virtual meetings. I actually took part in the very first one. If you are a WW member ( only WW members can take part) you need to download the Zoom app ( create an account) and the WW app. You get on the WW app and click on connect them browse groups you look for where you go to meetings. You have to do this when there is an actual meeting happening. You put your own weight in so you get your 50 wellness wins reward credits. You can turn off your camera if you want, you remain on mute until you are recognized to speak ( by showing the icon for hand raised). This will take getting use to, some people had a hard time getting on, I think there are some things to iron out, but at least it's something.

Just saw this Smiley Happy Sorry to have posted some of the things that you now have learned! I'm glad you are trying the online workshops. Everyone is working really hard to make this as good an experience for members as possible.

Honored Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Just saw this Smiley Happy Sorry to have posted some of the things that you now have learned! I'm glad you are trying the online workshops. Everyone is working really hard to make this as good an experience for members as possible.

@LorelaiGilmore that's okay and congratulations on your weight loss. I was wondering, maybe you know, I am a Lifetime member doing my best to stay on track, will WW give a grace period to get back to goal if you are two pounds over your goal weight?

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@LorelaiGilmore that's okay and congratulations on your weight loss. I was wondering, maybe you know, I am a Lifetime member doing my best to stay on track, will WW give a grace period to get back to goal if you are two pounds over your goal weight?

I am not completely sure, and I don't want to give you an answer that may be incorrect. The best thing for you to do is go to 24/7 chat and ask them, or call customer service. 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that WW is doing the Virtual Meetings but nothing takes the place of in person/on premises meetings.  I initially had trouble getting on.  Firstly, nowhere did it say you could put your group name in the search box to find your group without scrolling forever, lol.  Dang.  And some groups were not listed since they were combined with another group.

Bottom line, in the end, the conversation was nice enough.  I had my camera and microphone turned off and was very comfortable.  And yes, I think this will go on past April 4th, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)