Honored Contributor

Got An Email From WW (Weight Watchers)

So at first WW was going to have their meetings at the studios limited to 44 people, spacing the chairs apart for social distancing. If you didn't have a seat, you would have to leave, first come first served. Now I got an email, WW will not have meetings in their studios from 3/16-4/4. They will send members a link for virtual meetings online. If I wanted to do online meetings, I would have signed up for them. Now you won't be able to weigh in, anyone with a weight problem knows how dangerous this can be. I'm very unhappy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Got An Email From WW (Weight Watchers)

I went to WW meetings for several years until my mother got sick and I could not make it. I changed to on-online. I weigh myself and log my weight in the APP every Saturday just like I was at the meeting. Also, I work at home and we have video calls on Zoom everyday. It is better to be safe than sorry. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Can't you weight in at home?  Frankly, considering we're in the middle of a national crisis with many serious problems by many people, the fact that you can't get weighed at a WW meeting for a couple of weeks seems pretty petty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Jordan2   Can't you weight in at home?  Frankly, considering we're in the middle of a national crisis with many serious problems by many people, the fact that you can't get weighed at a WW meeting for a couple of weeks seems pretty petty.

@Kachina624 of course I can weigh myself, it isn't the same, being accountable at the meeting is different than maybe or maybe not weighing yourself at home. Business has been bad for WW, this won't help. I am not a petty person, I DO understand how serious the Coronaviris is.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Meetings are not necessary for a weigh-in.

Safety is top priority.

Safety for you.

Safety for others.

It isn't about you.

Think of everyone else, and not of just yourself.

I'm sorry that the virus is inconveniencing your life.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry that this makes you so unhappy.  Hopefully this won't last long.

Valued Contributor

If you can’t weighin and you say how dangerous that is, imagine how dangerous it is for everyone at your meetings, especially for the leaders and the people weighing you all in. I think it’s good ww is being considerate of their members and employees. Imagine the possible consequences if not.
Honored Contributor

I get the feeling from my WW FB page that the Leaders and receptionists are feeling unsafe and I can't blame them.  Social Distancing is not always easy to do.  And some people just have to get in your face to talk as if they want to kiss you, lol.

I have my meeting tomorrow so I'll find out first hand what/ how the virtual meetings will be done.  I don't do Face Time so I'm sure I won't like this.  They don't have much choice, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2

Ask WW can you place a hold on your membership until after the crisis. You maybe able to cancel your program and get a refund. Please send an email. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Jordan2

Ask WW can you place a hold on your membership until after the crisis. You maybe able to cancel your program and get a refund. Please send an email. 

@Nuttmeg  I'm actually a Lifetime member so I don't pay. I would think WW when they get back to meetings will give members a grace period where they won't charge you if you have gone over 2 pounds of your goal weight. I will give it a try, the virtual meetings.