Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gosh, this isn't fun anymore!!!

Hello ROMARY,

I just now (by a stroke of luck) found your name. The same as yesterday with croemer's.

I posted one question and waited for over 1 hour for a reply. NOTHING! Then >tucsongal< 'tried to answer the question'. Thank you tucsongal!

It had taken well into the evening when I came back to find it after many click here - click there- then I found that one person did not actually know the answer, but she really tried, saying something she looked for THE POP UP to find_ HER_reply/replies.

Do you have any idea when ...-say youself- would ask a question or post back, HOW DO YOU RETRIEVE that answer, if any? Usually, on the old format I would have 3-5 forums going and had an answer coming through within minutes. IS THIS A difficult question? If so, I am handing in all of my degrees & diplomas- call me simple!

NAES/_Not an easy sale (former name but someone said it's too long).

Esteemed Contributor

Hello, crystaltree,  I have tried to drop the old board's usage. I have no problem to message out or answer another poster, BUT...I have answers that I could not find for (maybe hours). I am not in the computer world of gurus but have been on PCs for 5 years, now. I can not retrieve anything after I either respond to someone or ask a question.

Of course I am not on here every single hour or day, but would appreciate the follow up (as in the older) format to be somewhat kinder to finding. I absolutely do not believe I am the only one with this problem. You are very kind to give me support in what you have mentioned, though. Almost 4 years without any difficulty 

Have a nice day, NAES/ formerly _Not an easy sale.

ps: I will go back to the question from where this response originated and view if any one knows, IF I can find "IT".

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1 wrote:

Hello, crystaltree,  I have tried to drop the old board's usage. I have no problem to message out or answer another poster, BUT...I have answers that I could not find for (maybe hours). I am not in the computer world of gurus but have been on PCs for 5 years, now. I can not retrieve anything after I either respond to someone or ask a question.

Of course I am not on here every single hour or day, but would appreciate the follow up (as in the older) format to be somewhat kinder to finding. I absolutely do not believe I am the only one with this problem. You are very kind to give me support in what you have mentioned, though. Almost 4 years without any difficulty 

Have a nice day, NAES/ formerly _Not an easy sale.

ps: I will go back to the question from where this response originated and view if any one knows, IF I can find "IT".

Many of the issues that are being repeatedly commented on in thread after thread after thread aren't due to posters being old, inflexible, sentimental techo-phobes; not being able to see who responds to a post you made (other than an original post), not seeing a view count, not being able to see your comments are not little problems. Patchy solutions such as floating posts, tagging, and bookmarking are simply ridiculous options that don't address the way users use this platform. The learning curve here is off the charts and I share the opinion of the OP--this just isn't fun. I'm not saying I'm incapable of learning and adapting; I'm questioning why I should.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

coming to this forum was so pleasent, not any more. so confusing,

Esteemed Contributor

I am so delighted to know that there are more and more posters asking -whom do I ask next,  'gardensia'.

Thank you for your input.

THIS HAS BECOME MORE LIKE GOING TO > WORK<  IN -AN -OFFICE.

I have mentioned many times, here that I am not a secretary and have often times have someone type or use the PC for myself. (Medical or research reports).

This is exactly as th OP said, Gosh, this isn't fun anymore!!!

However there is another w. site that a lot of posters have gone to created my one of the guru posters- almost like the old format. I am thinking of going there, even though I am not here every single 24/7. I have many of my favorite OLDIES there now. I am not seeing their names here as of last evening. G O N E!

ps: I hope you get to read this~ thank you my friend.

Respected Contributor

It's just boring. I would rather see people be able to say what they wanted and have the threads taken down if they got out of hand and move on to something else. I never missed any of those removed discussions because something else always took their place.
Honored Contributor

I don't know how to follow any of the threads I've posted on.  I used to click on "my activity" and could go back and read replies and answer other posters.  Now, when I click on my name, I see threads from several months ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

I don't know how to follow any of the threads I've posted on.  I used to click on "my activity" and could go back and read replies and answer other posters.  Now, when I click on my name, I see threads from several months ago.

I can find a log of all your posts by

1. type your screen name into the search box in the gray box

2. where you see Community, click the arrow and change to USERS

3. click GO

4. your name will appear so click on your posts (the number of posts)

Esteemed Contributor

If you type your user name into the search bar and hit "users" it will bring up your recent history, including responses to posts. Such a stupid way to do this, but that's how this is set up. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat