Respected Contributor

Gorilla looking at photos

[ Edited ]

My mouth fell open as I watched this endearing video of a Louisville Zoo gorilla being shown photos of other gorillas.  We understand so little about our amazing world. 

(Notice how he motions for the young boy to go to the next photo.)

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Gorilla looking at photos

Thank you so much for posting this.... just incredible.  Especially loved how he leans into the glass framework next to the boy to continue looking.... amazing.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I love this! Get this gorilla his own phone right now! Just so cute! Heart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks for this.  Interesting video.  Do you know if the gorilla is male and was the boy showing him pictures of female gorillas?

Honored Contributor

My husband and I enjoyed this cute video very much. Gorilla's are quite intelligent..  Loved the selfie.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thanks for this.  Interesting video.  Do you know if the gorilla is male and was the boy showing him pictures of female gorillas?

@ValuSkr  No, I have no idea as to the gender of any of the gorillas, but it is an interesting question.

Respected Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

My husband and I enjoyed this cute video very much. Gorilla's are quite intelligent..  Loved the selfie.. 

@Suziepeach   I found it amazing how quickly this gorilla caught on that the young man was controlling the images, as well as how to signal that he was ready to view the next photo.    Did you notice, too, that he was so focused on the photos that he paid little attention to that beautiful little girl standing nearby? 

I hope this young man never forgets his personal encounter with this magnificent creature.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they could buy the gorilla a picture book or something like that. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I wonder if they could buy the gorilla a picture book or something like that. 

@Bird mama   I wish they could give him an indestructible camera to shoot his own photos.  It would be fascinating to see what he would photograph.

I handed my camera to our 3 year-old grandson once.  His first photo was of his foot, to show off new Super Hero shoes.  After reviewing his work, he exclaimed, "Wait!  I have another one!" Woman Happy then promptly took a shot of his other foot.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wasn't that the coolest ?

I also really loved the video of the Orang, I think it was, that was staring and almost caressing an infant held by a human mother. It was a real tear-inducing moment between two females. The connection and looks they shared were awesome