Honored Contributor

Gorilla Glue Girl, Tragic 'Mistake May Have Been Blessing

[ Edited ]

Tessica Brown's joy after getting Gorilla Glue removed from her hair ... is giving way to a serious scare -- doctors found lumps in her breasts.

Tessica's manager, Gina Rodriguez, tells TMZ ... Tessica's getting a mommy makeover, which includes a boob lift/implants and some abdominal lipo.

As part of a pre-surgery consultation, Dr. Michael Obeng -- the doc who defeated the Gorilla Glue -- examined her breasts earlier this week, and unfortunately discovered a lump in each of Tessica's breasts.

We're told Tessica subsequently had a mammogram which confirmed the presence of masses. She's already had surgery to remove them, and they're now being tested for cancer.

While it's frightening news ... Tessica sees the silver lining.

She feels everything that happened with the Gorilla Glue incident was supposed to lead her to this very moment -- and she's grateful Dr. Obeng found the lumps now, and not further down the road when it might have been too late.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Gorilla Glue Girl, Tragic 'Mistake May Have Been a Godsend

My positive and healing thoughts go out to any woman dealing with the prospect of breast cancer.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I must be confused.  Wasn't the glue incident with her hair?  Why was this doc examining her breasts?  I am not seeing the big picture here.  I am glad they found the lumps early, but I am still scratching MY head.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Gorilla Glue Girl, Tragic 'Mistake May Have Been Blessing

knowing her, she will sue the Gorilla Glue company for  her breast lumps too.

Honored Contributor

Possibly her life has been saved. I've read through the years about people having accidents or fell ill, only to discover that they were saved in time from a possible fatal diagnosis.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She probably wants them to pay for her Mommy Makeover.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

If you read the OP, after the Gorilla glue incident she went back to the same surgeon, planning on doing a 'Mommy makeover" for her, including a breast implant/lift and lipo.

During his exam for the breast procedures, he found the masses.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Possibly her life has been saved. I've read through the years about people having accidents or fell ill, only to discover that they were saved in time from a possible fatal diagnosis.

Most famous of that was a sports reporter that was covering a baseball game.  The pitcher threw a ball that hit the reporter's head.  He blacked out and was taken to the hospital and doctor.  His head was OK, but they found a massive (huge) tumor on his brain.  The tumor was removed. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Or start another 'Go Fund me' account.....

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I must be confused.  Wasn't the glue incident with her hair?  Why was this doc examining her breasts?  I am not seeing the big picture here.  I am glad they found the lumps early, but I am still scratching MY head.

@tends2dogs I thought the same thing at first too.  But, keep reading.  She decided to get a Mommy Makeover (which does include breasts) and went to the same doc who got the glue out of her hair.  Apparently, he was the Plastic Surgeon who offered her his services pro bono to get the glue out.  During pre-surgery workup, they discovered the lumps.  

However, I would think that any good plastic surgeon would've done the same workup and found the same thing, so I don't really credit that particular doctor or the Gorilla Glue incident.  UNLESS, the doctor talked her into getting the surgery in the first place.