Respected Contributor

Re: Gorilla Glue Girl To Sue (No Surprise!)

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Sushismom 

Um, no, that's not true.   140 degrees might be plenty hot for you, but you aren't the temperature police, and that's just an opinion. 

For many people, if the coffee arrives at the perfect temperature, by the time they finish it, it will be too cool to enjoy.  Plus, if they add cold creamer or milk, the temp drops.

FWIW ....  any time I've ordered coffee, it has to cool down for a few moments to get to the temperature I like, whatever that is.  No one should ever assume that it's okay to gulp down the whole cup the moment they get it .... unless you like it super hot.  

You seem to be missing the fact that over 700 people had complained to McDonald's about the temperature of their coffee. And that this woman received third degree burns and spent 8 days in the hospital. 

Once again, there's hot and there's too hot. It's rather obvious McDonald's coffee was too hot. But I'm through arguing with you over this. There are some who understand exactly what this case was about and some who don't. You, of course, are entitled to your opinion but it's based on incorrect facts. But, hey, there ARE things that we agree on. One is this woman doesn't deserve a dime.

Super Contributor

OMG  ...no way would I let her near my kids. It is apparent she has no common sense! 

Respected Contributor

Regarding the lady who accidentally spilled the coffee in her lap. I think those who are saying she was stupid or making other mean comments ugly. She accidentally spilled the coffee on herself. Yes, when you order coffee you expect it to be hot, not scalding. McDonald's was wrong to sell coffee of that excessively high temperature. 

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Regarding the lady who accidentally spilled the coffee in her lap. I think those who are saying she was stupid or making other mean comments ugly. She accidentally spilled the coffee on herself. Yes, when you order coffee you expect it to be hot, not scalding. McDonald's was wrong to sell coffee of that excessively high temperature. 

@Silver Lining, unfortunately, it became a poster child for frivolous lawsuits. It was nothing of the sort. Most people don't know the details of the case,

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

temperature. 

@Silver Lining, unfortunately, it became a poster child for frivolous lawsuits. It was nothing of the sort. Most people don't know the details of the case,

There's a documentary available to watch called "Hot Coffee". I suggest it for anyone who thinks this is a "frivolous" lawsuit. Be warned that there are some graphic pictures of her injuries.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Fake news. TMZ makes up its own sources.

This isn't national security. It's a meme person. There's no reason for them to not name their source for this.

@Porcelain 

I find it mind-boggling what people dismiss by just calling it "fake news".   

Newsflash:  It's not "fake news" ... it's being reported  everywhere, by many sources.  

Fret no more.  A video from a reliable source has been posted.  The situation has been resolved.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saw Tessica on the news this afternoon; a hairdresser was cutting off her ponytail. She was even having a had time getting the scissors through the hair.  Apparently, whatever industrial solvent that would dissolve the glue would be toxic her skin. The fact she would sue for doing something so obviously dangerous means she wants to blame someone else for her own stupidity. She prob needs to just have her head shaved and start over, lesson learned. I hope she doesn’t get a dime from GG, though.  Now they will have to add "do not use on hair" to their label. DD is an attorney and says almost every warning label on products is there due to a lawsuit. My iron had one that said " do not put hot iron on face or tongue". I showed it to DD and she said yep! Someone did, it didn't turn out well,they sued, and voila! Another warning label.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Fake news. TMZ makes up its own sources.

This isn't national security. It's a meme person. There's no reason for them to not name their source for this.

@Porcelain 

I find it mind-boggling what people dismiss by just calling it "fake news".   

Newsflash:  It's not "fake news" ... it's being reported  everywhere, by many sources.  

Fret no more.  A video from a reliable source has been posted.  The situation has been resolved.

@Lucky Charm 

No one was "fretting".   smh

Honored Contributor

Moron.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I do hope that all the name callers concerning this woman realize that she had a SUCCESFUL procedure done by a prominent plastic surgeon. And that she has stated that she does not plan to sue at all! 

On to the next weird story that gives you all something to harp about!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson