Respected Contributor

Re: Gorilla Glue Girl To Sue (No Surprise!)

@JaneMarple wrote:

I do hope that all the name callers concerning this woman realize that she had a SUCCESFUL procedure done by a prominent plastic surgeon. And that she has stated that she does not plan to sue at all! 

On to the next weird story that gives you all something to harp about!

Yep.   Harping is what we do best around here!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I do hope that all the name callers concerning this woman realize that she had a SUCCESFUL procedure done by a prominent plastic surgeon. And that she has stated that she does not plan to sue at all! 

But it's so gratifying and pleasurable, @JaneMarple.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

So I was right that TMZ had it wrong? Ha!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Who said this woman is a teacher?   I saw an update this morning and the person speaking on her behalf was identified as her agent.  I seriously doubt teachers have agents .... could she actually be a wanna-be actress?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 , she works at or operates a daycare center, I believe.  Not a teacher in the true sense of the word.

The plastic surgeon reached out to the Gorilla Glue Company to get the exact formula of the product and as a chemist, he knew how to safely break it down.  I'm amazed that she hardly lost any hair.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Wonderful that the surgeon successfully removed the glue from her hair.  May she have a happy life with beautiful hair.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally I would be ashamed and humiliated to publically even admit I had done some thing so ignorant with a lack of common sense.  I guess I am too proud.  Then sue?

Valued Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

She has not stated that at all. If you follow this story/case, in cases like hers, attorneys seek out the injured person (ambulance chasers) to see if there is a case to be made and of course big settlements for them. 3 attorneys were interviewed about whether they thought she had a case or not. It's a long story with each of them stating why she could have a case against GG culminating with this statement:

The likelihood of a case like this going to trial would be tiny, however. Only a small number of cases actually make it to trial, Rella told Insider, and "generally speaking, companies tend to settle cases because it's less expensive to settle than it is to litigate them."

She got a surgeon to get it out at a cost of $12,500, but he did it for free. Now why didn't she pay him with all her GoFundMe monies? I highly doubt that she's given up pursuing legal action. If lawyers are saying she can get a settlement, she will go for it. She's gained a lot of folllowers and as you know in this day and age a million people giving her support, even if it;s TikTokers, might make the company cave and give her a settlement.

social media has so many underlying curses here IMO. 

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

She has not stated that at all. If you follow this story/case, in cases like hers, attorneys seek out the injured person (ambulance chasers) to see if there is a case to be made and of course big settlements for them. 3 attorneys were interviewed about whether they thought she had a case or not. It's a long story with each of them stating why she could have a case against GG culminating with this statement:

The likelihood of a case like this going to trial would be tiny, however. Only a small number of cases actually make it to trial, Rella told Insider, and "generally speaking, companies tend to settle cases because it's less expensive to settle than it is to litigate them."

She got a surgeon to get it out at a cost of $12,500, but he did it for free. Now why didn't she pay him with all her GoFundMe monies? I highly doubt that she's given up pursuing legal action. If lawyers are saying she can get a settlement, she will go for it. She's gained a lot of folllowers and as you know in this day and age a million people giving her support, even if it;s TikTokers, might make the company cave and give her a settlement.

social media has so many underlying curses here IMO. 

That's a lot of words there. But the actual person you're slamming here has said she's not suing. Not sure what more you would need in order to feel certain she is not suing.

From the New York Times, a newspaper with editorial standards, interviewed Tessica yesterday:

"...Ms. Brown said reports that she was planning to sue Gorilla Glue were untrue.

She said she’s learned from her hair mishap, as well as the instant fame.

“Never use Gorilla Glue in your hair, for one,” she said. “If you don’t have the right product that you need, I think it would be best to do without.”"

I encourage anyone who wants the false title of this thread to be true to read the full story by the New York Times. It even helps explain why she made the bad decision she did. Search on NYT and:

"‘A Big Relief’ for Woman Finally Free of Gorilla Glue in Her Hair

No one could figure out how to help Tessica Brown until a Los Angeles plastic surgeon stepped in. If she could go back, she said, she would just have worn a hat."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Also, @Porcelain, on ET YouTube, you says that she's going to close out that GoFundMe account or have her sister do it since she herself is still in Beverly Hills being monitored by the doctor (probably his staff cause I'm sure he's moved on) for a couple more days.

When asked what she was going to do with the over $20,000 in the fund me account, she said she was going to pick two needy families to share the money with.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)