Respected Contributor

Google Covid19 Site Up and Running for 2 No Calif Counties

[ Edited ]

at Verily dot com.   More info can be found there.  More areas will be included in days to come

California COVID-19 risk screening and testing

If you are interested in getting tested for COVID-19, complete an online screener based on guidelines from public health officials. Based on the responses and testing appointment availability, you will learn whether you qualify for testing through this program at this time.

We are working to rapidly expand testing in every way that we can; please check back soon as we add more testing sites and may expand eligibility criteria.

Currently offering testing for COVID-19 to Californians in:

• Santa Clara County
  • San Mateo County

Advancing testing and containment for COVID-19

Public health officials globally are working together to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. Expanding access to reliable screening is critical to containment efforts.

The COVID-19 Program is a collaboration between Verily’s Project Baseline and the state of California to expand access to COVID-19 screening and testing in areas with a high volume of known cases.

Respected Contributor

Re: Google Covid19 Site Up and Running for 2 No Calif Counties

What's involved

Creating an account

We ask that you create a Google Account or connect your existing Google Account to participate in this program.

Completing a COVID permission form

In order for information collected by Project Baseline to be used for COVID-19 screening, individuals will need to sign a public health authorization form.

Taking a screener

You'll share some information about your health and symptoms based on guidelines from public health officials.

If eligible, get tested for COVID-19

Based on the COVID-19 screener and testing appointment availability, you will learn whether you qualify for free testing and where you can get the testing done.

Receive your results

Once tested, you’ll be informed via email of your COVID-19 test results.

Learn if you are eligible for COVID-19 testing through this program at this time.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing this information. That is definitely good news for CA folks!! I just hope it doesn't take too long to get other places on board too, before it's too late so to speak. I guess time will tell. 

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

it's happening in other states under state or local auspices. now that old and unhelpful CDC regulations have been swept away to move testing to state level using  private labs,etc .  i'm sure Google wants to be sure things are functioning properly before expanding. 

i would expect it to pop up where need is greatest.  after all most don't need testing.