Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Not all CVS stores are like this. We use Walgreens  as a rule, but one time  we had to get and Rx at  CVS.  My husband wasn't feeling well ,and while waiting for the scrip to be filled, he pased out

They were so kind to him, they drove him ,and our car home... because, they worried about him ,driving

My CVS is wonderful!  I've moved several times, and I'm always happy to have a CVS nearby.  I recently switched from a Walgreen's that was overpriced with a rapidly decreasing level of customer service. I have a great CVS near where I live, and I couldn't be happier.

Did the OP say this happened at a CVS?  I don't think I noticed that.  I certainly wouldn't have a bad impression of an entire chain based on one particular location - or one person's version of a bad experience.

How nice that they drove your husband home!  That's above and beyond.  Scary to have him pass out there, but their kindness, I'm sure, made a big difference.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I should have known better.  I had a conversation with this employee and thus her face.  I don't need to explain every detail to you but some of you are very mean to begin with thus the attack comments on me.  So be it.

No, you don't have to explain every detail, but clarifying this would have perhaps made more sense out of something that seemed to make no sense.

It's totally your right to share as much or as little as you want - but it's unfair to say that posters are mean when you've chosen to hold back some of the story.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@makena  Here you go.  I returned an inhaler that was defective or to see if the pharmacist could fix it.  I placed the medicine canister into the dispenser part and it would not go in all the way.  This girl that waited on me said they are busy to bring it anouther time and made this face like "Na, na, na, na).  I said, no, keep it and I will come back tomorrow.  That is not customer service and this girl definitely has an attitude as far as I am concerned.  She has no idea how to talk to people and that was the first time so I reported it to the mgr.  I picked up a new one the next day as the inhaler was defective.   It's over now as I have moved on.

Please explain what she did wrong @Katcat1

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Since the OP didn't deem it fit to further explain, I'll just say don't know the entire story and rudeness works both ways.  Being a senior does not qualify anyone for special treatment or respect.  you have to earn that.

Exactly.  And that sense of entitlement seeps into all areas of life and is pretty obvious with the result often being imagined slights and unreasonable expectations.

Respect is something we should receive, but we should be willing to give it too.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:
wrote:

wrote:

Perhaps after you reported her the manager asked her to get someone else in the store to wait on you in the futire.  The other people may have been busy, thus your wait.

Exactly.  The manager very well could have decided to minimize friction going forward, and put a plan in motion so the OP wouldn't have to deal with this particular employee again.  And the employee followed through on that and got someone else to handle the transaction. 

We don't know that's what happened, but it is definitely entirely possible.  And yet the OP was quick to jump to criticism again.

Well that would be a twist to this tale if the pharmacist complained first about the customer   Woman Frustrated

That's not what I meant.

I meant that after the OP complained, the manager decided to minimize contact between the OP and the employee.  In the interest of good customer service and keeping the customer happy.

Of course yes it is possible that the employee (and perhaps other employees) have also spoken up about the OP.

Or am I completely not understanding your post?

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@makena  Here you go.  I returned an inhaler that was defective or to see if the pharmacist could fix it.  I placed the medicine canister into the dispenser part and it would not go in all the way.  This girl that waited on me said they are busy to bring it anouther time and made this face like "Na, na, na, na).  I said, no, keep it and I will come back tomorrow.  That is not customer service and this girl definitely has an attitude as far as I am concerned.  She has no idea how to talk to people and that was the first time so I reported it to the mgr.  I picked up a new one the next day as the inhaler was defective.   It's over now as I have moved on.

Please explain what she did wrong @Katcat1

She didn’t kiss ...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I am not young I am 71. At my age, I hope I have learned something about being tolerant. Many young people have a hard scrabble upbringing in these days and times.  It all boils down to how you were taught growing up.

Not everyone has a family who is capable of helping them learn manners, or how to interact with others ,in a business situation. Times are not the same for them, as they were for me growing up. This might be their first job ,in the working enviroment

They need a bit of gentle guidance, not people coming down on them with a sledge hammer. They can learn ,they aren't stupid, just disadvantaged, in many cases.. I hope at my age ,I have learned a bit of empathy and kindness ,even when I am a bit flustered...I am the adult in these situations ,and I remind myself to act like one

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

So she told you that they were busy and could not help you at the drive thru at that moment.  Perhaps the pharmacist had told her to have you bring it in another time.  Apparently you had another inhaler since you left that one to come back and get it the next day.

What exactly is a na, na, na, na face. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

One of our doctors is retiring early. When asked why he told us he is tired of being an accountant.

I cannot comment on what happened w/ the inhaler. I can say that I know how very busy workers are in pharmacies.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

wrote:

So she told you that they were busy and could not help you at the drive thru at that moment.  Perhaps the pharmacist had told her to have you bring it in another time.  Apparently you had another inhaler since you left that one to come back and get it the next day.

What exactly is a na, na, na, na face. 

@Crazy Daisy I'd like to know so I can recognize it in case someone makes that face at me.  I have an idea but it's something we might have done as children Woman LOL