Honored Contributor

You can and definitely should do something when you get poor service or are disrespected.  Fortunately, with pharmacies you have many choices.  I changed from Walgreens 10-15 years ago when the older pharmacist and an older female coworker could hardly be bothered to wait on me when I appeared at the counter.  Most of the time they were just chit-chatting and I was an interruption.  Add to that, I was shorted on pills more than once and their automated phone line was often out-of-order.  I took my business elsewhere and reported my experience to Walgreens Corporate.  Today, the pharmacist and staff are all different, and much younger.  I can only imagine that my complaint was compounded by others and they were shown the door eventually.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1.....Kat, maybe she was ill having nothing to do with you. Did she say something to you? Surely, there is more to this. 

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I feel you should leave a polite letter with the Manager as to the specifics on why you chose to take your business elsewhere. By doing that, the manager will at least be more aware if any future situations occur with that employee. I frequently make a point of seeking out the manager to compliment helpful and courteous customer service. It’s a win-win for everyone since a valued, appreciated employee is a happy employee and can only reflect that back to the customers. It’s been very rare that I have lodged a complaint, but it happens. I had one situation where the cashier person was so aggressively taunting and nasty, I wondered if she had mistaken me for someone else. When I was quiet and polite at her verbal abuse, simply wanting to make my purchase and be on my way, she only ratcheted up her bullying. It felt totally surreal. I had never been in that store before and knew I had neither said nor done anything to have provoked her. The thought that she might do that to another customer sent me straight to the manager. Yes, I think there are some very unhappy people who will treat others badly because it gives them a sense of power and they feel they can get away with it. They should not be working with the public. The fact that you have been a repeat customer for 5 years and never had a problem before should hold some weight.

@newagain888888, once in CVS, I was so tremendously helped by a young man. He just went out of his way to personally help me and in the nicest way. 

Like you, I thought his manager should know what a good employee they had. I called to talk to the manager. I didn't have the employees name, so I described him and where he was working. I told him how very helpful and good his employee was and how much I appreciated it.

Well, guess what, HE WAS THE MANAGER! I just laughed and so did he. 

Honored Contributor

Not all CVS stores are like this. We use Walgreens  as a rule, but one time  we had to get and Rx at  CVS.  My husband wasn't feeling well ,and while waiting for the scrip to be filled, he pased out

They were so kind to him, they drove him ,and our car home... because, they worried about him ,driving

Honored Contributor

Re: Goodbye to my drugstore

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

Sorry but I don’t see the big deal. The face was probably at something other than you and the pharmacy’s have a lot going on. In this day and age it is often impossible for people not to have to multi task. I am puzzled at why you take this personally

I disagree.  I have worked customer service for years in All situations and I was never rude.  I don’t care if they are worked too hard.  Too bad. That’s  not my problem.  

@GSPgirl

I was talking to a friend of mine and we were talking about the lousy customer service these days at so many organizations being it a pharmacy, grocery store, insurance companies (both medical, car, home etc) post office, department stores, repair services etc etc etc......

And your right just because a place is busy that shouldnt mean that bad or rude behaviour is to be considered acceptable......Nor are the errors or mistakes they make because they have to multi-task or are busy!!!.....

I think my bank is one of the few that still gives GREAT 

customer service..................

And if the OPS Pharmacy was CVS I can understand what she went through....I never saw so many mistakes and incompetency. Even my doctor called them and filed a complaint!!!  I was so happy my insurance switched to Walgreens....and then this year they switched back to CVS and I chose to stay with Walgreens and pay slightly more...thankfully I take only one medication that is very inexpensive...but it was worth it instead of making several trips back and forth to CVS until they got something right!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Goodbye to my drugstore

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I agree with you. I refuse to give my money to any business that does not have good customer service. I can't believe all the people saying it's basically you and you are misunderstanding crappy service. No misunderstanding. Crappy customer service is prevalent these days and accepted. If you were treated that way, then so are others. I don't care how busy they are or how much they have "going on", there is no excuse. If you don't want to deal with customers, go the he$$ home and stay there. I am 56 years old, and I have worked with the public since I was 17. I treat people I deal with respectfully, and I expect the same when I'm on the other end. I taught my kids the same. You should want to brighten someone's day, not make it worse. There are many places to spend your money, and customer service is a big part of the equation for me. I don't expect special treatment, but I won't accept rudeness.So you go, girl! Take your hard earned money to the next stop. I was telling the manager at a place on the other side of town about this issue, and how I drive across town to go to her store, and she said it's all in the management. So True!!

@bjabuceye

It seems so many hate their job and they dont care if it shows......some just try to do the absolute minimum, or they are on their personal phones or chit chatting with one another about what they are going to do later on.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

wrote:

What Pharamcy is this? And if you want personal service then go inside and wait in line.

The days of Schafer and Snyder are over. That was a local drug store back home. They also made the best peanut butter fudge sundaes.

This business about money-it is not that much in the scheme of things.

And the days of good customer sevice are over.

We use mail order pharmacy and are happy w/it.

@Group 5 minus 1

Im glad you had good luck with mail order pharmacies because my aunt didnt.....she had problems getting her medications....she and her doctor were always prompt in completing their end, but the pharmacuetical company was not........

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I feel you should leave a polite letter with the Manager as to the specifics on why you chose to take your business elsewhere. By doing that, the manager will at least be more aware if any future situations occur with that employee. I frequently make a point of seeking out the manager to compliment helpful and courteous customer service. It’s a win-win for everyone since a valued, appreciated employee is a happy employee and can only reflect that back to the customers. It’s been very rare that I have lodged a complaint, but it happens. I had one situation where the cashier person was so aggressively taunting and nasty, I wondered if she had mistaken me for someone else. When I was quiet and polite at her verbal abuse, simply wanting to make my purchase and be on my way, she only ratcheted up her bullying. It felt totally surreal. I had never been in that store before and knew I had neither said nor done anything to have provoked her. The thought that she might do that to another customer sent me straight to the manager. Yes, I think there are some very unhappy people who will treat others badly because it gives them a sense of power and they feel they can get away with it. They should not be working with the public. The fact that you have been a repeat customer for 5 years and never had a problem before should hold some weight.

@newagain888888, once in CVS, I was so tremendously helped by a young man. He just went out of his way to personally help me and in the nicest way. 

Like you, I thought his manager should know what a good employee they had. I called to talk to the manager. I didn't have the employees name, so I described him and where he was working. I told him how very helpful and good his employee was and how much I appreciated it.

Well, guess what, HE WAS THE MANAGER! I just laughed and so did he. 

@febe1

Thats too funny....... LOL!!!

And yes @febe1 and @newagain888888  I do make it a point when I do get good customer service to make a phone call, go on the company website, or write a letter to let the employee know I appreciated their good service.........

Honored Contributor

I should have known better.  I had a conversation with this employee and thus her face.  I don't need to explain every detail to you but some of you are very mean to begin with thus the attack comments on me.  So be it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I have always said that as a consumer you hold the final card in the deck.  Don't like how a business treats you?  Vote with your feet (as you have done).