Respected Contributor

wrote:

I'm guilty of this too. Posting in a group looking for some sympathy and confirmation that I'm the wronged party. 

Doesn't work. Usually just makes you feel worse. Cut that out.

I could tell a story of how I had to wait 6 months to get my Medicare

deductible back from the Dr.'s office who never was suppose to charge me that in first place because my Mutual of Omaha Plan F pays it they never called them to confirm and I didn't remember that they paid it, so, I paid it, then Mutual paid them.  183.00 I waited for , for 6 months.

My problem and I handled it this was back in Sept. so not whining just saying I never complained in here.

I think you just did!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Sounds very sensible of you, @Katcat1, to be taking your business to a company that may be a better fit for you in terms of service. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with going inside to pick up your inhaler.  That way when something happens you can say in front of other people....."have I done something to offend you"?  That puts it back on the employee and shows you are interested and willing to have better communication with your pharmacy. Plus..... there are witnesses to anything that happens.  

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I agree with going inside to pick up your inhaler.  That way when something happens you can say in front of other people....."have I done something to offend you"?  That puts it back on the employee and shows you are interested and willing to have better communication with your pharmacy. Plus..... there are witnesses to anything that happens.  

I think the reason to go inside the store for the inhaler issue is because that's more appropriate than holding everyone up at the drive-thru window.  The drive-thru is intended for routine pick-ups and drop-offs of presciptions, which are relatively quick transactions.  It's rude and inconsiderate to use it for other issues that are more time-consuming.

I wouldn't go inside the pharmacy hoping to catch an employee being disrespectful to me, and I certainly wouldn't expect anything to happen or feel the need for witnesses.  I would go inside because it's the appropriate thing to do.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Goodbye to my drugstore

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susanwrote:

wrote:

I think the reason to go inside the store for the inhaler issue is because that's more appropriate than holding everyone up at the drive-thru window.  The drive-thru is intended for routine pick-ups and drop-offs of presciptions, which are relatively quick transactions.  It's rude and inconsiderate to use it for other issues that are more time-consuming.

I wouldn't go inside the pharmacy hoping to catch an employee being disrespectful to me, and I certainly wouldn't expect anything to happen or feel the need for witnesses.  I would go inside because it's the appropriate thing to do.  

**************   I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say or maybe I didn't explain it very well.  OP had trouble with this same person once before .  Knowing that, if it were me, and I saw that same attitude again at the window, next time I went there, it would be inside.  If she chose to be rude again,  someone else might see it who could deal with this employee for her rudeness.  Most stores don't want to lose established customers.  Of course someone doesn't go in looking for trouble.  That only stands to reason.

Super Contributor

My building got rid of Coke Zero in the vending machines so I have been going to a deli across the street to buy it.  I haven't been going there that long or have been rude with anyone but there is this one guy who seems to not want to wait on me.  I do have a New England Patriots jacket so maybe he just hates New England LOL.  But he will be abrupt with me and walk away when I am next in line to pay for my cokes.  One day the manager saw him walk away and told him to go back and check me out.  Who knows what goes through these people's heads.  Turnover is high so I hope that guy leaves soon.

Super Contributor

This story reminded me of a trip my mother took to a local mom and pop pharmacy in the late 80s early 90s.  She had some teeth pulled and had gauze in her mouth and was bleeding.  She stopped by this local pharmacy to get some pain meds.  The man was the pharamacist and his wife ran the counter.  The woman was nice and said to her husband "Can you put a rush on this one Mrs. XXXXXX is bleeding."  He looked at the prescription and said curtly "Well this won't stop the bleeding."  They were the owners so no one to complain to!

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilantwrote:

@NYC Susanwrote:

wrote:

**************   I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say or maybe I didn't explain it very well.  OP had trouble with this same person once before .  Knowing that, if it were me, and I saw that same attitude again at the window, next time I went there, it would be inside.  If she chose to be rude again,  someone else might see it who could deal with this employee for her rudeness.  Most stores don't want to lose established customers.  Of course someone doesn't go in looking for trouble.  That only stands to reason.

I guess we think differently.  I wouldn't go inside for the purpose of trapping someone or hoping for witnesses.  If I felt I had a legitimate complaint against an employee, I would speak to a manager privately. Straight and direct communication is the most effective way to air a grievance and have a problem solved.  Anything else is game-playing, IMO. 

I strongly suspect there's a whole other side to this story, btw.

Esteemed Contributor

I just don't understand this. The OP left the inhaler one day then went back for the inhaler the next day. The employee realized the OP was there to pick up the inhaler. She told the Pharmacist who had not inspected the inhaler yet. Did the OP expect the employee to keep her company at the window until the Pharmacist was finished?

I guess the employee could have told her it would take a while so please come inside.

What does a na na na  face look like?

Honored Contributor

Re: Goodbye to my drugstore

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susanwrote:

@jubilantwrote:

@NYC Susanwrote:

wrote:

I guess we think differently.  I wouldn't go inside for the purpose of trapping someone or hoping for witnesses.  If I felt I had a legitimate complaint against an employee, I would speak to a manager privately. Straight and direct communication is the most effective way to air a grievance and have a problem solved.  Anything else is game-playing, IMO. 

I strongly suspect there's a whole other side to this story, btw.

*************  Yes, we do see it differently as the thought of setting a trap and playing games is not how I roll....I really don't see where you get that?   Oh well,  different strokes for different folks.  I think you totally missed my point.