Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

I think comedians think they can say anything as it is meant to be a joke, but that is one subject that is never funny.  She has no filter, apparently, and in the process she ruined a good thing for herself and her colleagues

She wasn't doing standup at the time. She was tweeting to the world.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I think comedians think they can say anything as it is meant to be a joke, but that is one subject that is never funny.  She has no filter, apparently, and in the process she ruined a good thing for herself and her colleagues

She wasn't doing standup at the time. She was tweeting to the world.

Same thing, bigger audience although there was zero comedy in what was said.  

Respected Contributor
Good. Actions have consequences. I thought we were all in on "personal responsibility."
If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I am not surprised, Roseanne has always been her own worst enemy.  She's always been lewd and crude and she cannot censor herself.  It's a shame because I really like the show.  We need more shows that feature working class families in real situations.  I'm sure she thought that she could say whatever she wanted because the show was so popular and successful and if something came, she could make a totally fake apology like she did.  ABC was smart enough to see where it was going with Roseanne, smart enough to see that she was on the road to self destruction again....and they pulled the plug.  It sad that all of the other people who made that show possible will also lose their jobs.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Of course she shouldn't have "said" (or tweeted), what she did, but nearly every public figure misspeaks at times and has to apologize. I think she is genuinely sorry. I like her very much.

The only reason she is sorry is because of the money, she said what she meant.

ITA.  She meant every word of it.  It was NOT a joke.  It was a statement of her bigotry.

Hey, it's a shame.  But I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back for them and people were quitting.  The apology was just a statement.   Had she not meant what she said she would not have said what she said.     It comes under the category of 'I'm sorry I got caught'.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Respected Contributor

What disappoints me is the reality that no matter how famous, wealthy, funny or in many ways good-hearted RB is, she still could not learn truths about conspiracy theories or to rise above her racism and fueled biases.  Observing stupidity in action is always disappointing. 

I have to hand it to people who can so easily overlook and compartmentalize so as not to be denied entertainment or grieve the loss.  Well, good for them.  I liked her show but hatefulness needs to have it's wings clipped. 

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14Why would Netflix pick up Rosanne when they inked a multi year deal with the Obamas for original programming; their production company is called Higher Ground Productions and not deemed political. 

Honored Contributor

For all of the "goodie two shoes" posting here, I guess you have no trouble with ABC not dealing with Joy Behar. She is one nasty, hateful person. Some of the things that come out of her mouth are way beyond the limit, but I guess you are okay with that. 

I guess it depends which side of the aisle is doing the talking. Now that seems fair, doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

98861EC6-A869-4335-AD42-6D252285CDF5.jpeg