Honored Contributor

I think comedians think they can say anything as it is meant to be a joke, but that is one subject that is never funny.  She has no filter, apparently, and in the process she ruined a good thing for herself and her colleagues

Valued Contributor
Fox is not defending her. They have said it's awful.
Honored Contributor

@Teacups wrote:

I looked for them defending her after reading that post but could not find it @Teacups.  If reporting something is defending than all the networks down to the high school newspapers are guilty of a great deal.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

She compared an Obama aide to an ape. Roseanne has definitely gone over the edge. She is not all there and ABC was right to cut their ties with her. It’s too bad for everyone else associated with the production but Roseanne’s words were worse than despicable. She is filled with hate...very ugly and unAmerican.

So well said, VIvian.  I truly believe the vast majority of Americans strongly reject ugliness and hatred directed to people regarding race, religion, and ethnic backgrounds.  THose who make these comments are looking for opportunities to vent their hatred.  It is so counter to American values, and brings us back to the era when such behaviors were tolerated.  No more.  And I would love to know how some with these hatreds somehow reconcile it with professed beliefs in God.  Really???

Honored Contributor

GOOD.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

ABC did exactly the right thing. She's said other outrageous, bigoted things in the past. Any apology she tries now is meaningless. You're not really sorry of you keep doing the same terrible things.

I see some posters are hoping Fox picks up the show. That is as terrifying wrong as what she said. 

Honored Contributor

I posted this in another thread and I firmly believe it.  I believe the reason ABC acted so quickly was because this couldn't possibly be the first heinous and loathsome comment by Roseanne Barr during this first season of the show.  One of the show's very powerful writers and producers, Whitney Cummings, quit the show just two weeks ago and said she would not return for the next season.  Of course, that reason was that she was very busy on other projects. 

There have probably been many other things said, off of social media, since Roseanne is no shrinking violet.  But now the world has a record of her hatefulness. None of this is a surprise to me.  I think she relishes in spreading hate and incredulous conspiracy theories. 

Awful what she has now done to hundreds of people now out of work.  Yes, that was her doing.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Teacups wrote:

I looked for them defending her after reading that post but could not find it @Teacups.  If reporting something is defending than all the networks down to the high school newspapers are guilty of a great deal.

@beckyb1012

@Teacups

heard on tv......

“I don’t understand it to be anything other than free speech,” said Outnumbered Overtime host Harris Faulkner. “…It is extremely offensive but it is just that.

Strategist Noelle Nikpour agreed. “She is a comedian,” she said. “She does have a very wicked, twisted sense of humor. Everybody knows her to be a little raunchy and a little rough.”

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

ABC did exactly the right thing. She's said other outrageous, bigoted things in the past. Any apology she tries now is meaningless. You're not really sorry of you keep doing the same terrible things.

I see some posters are hoping Fox picks up the show. That is as terrifying wrong as what she said. 

OMG, don't even start.

Honored Contributor

I never watched the new show.  Roseanne's voice is too annoying.  Well, it's also big and I am sure her cast members love her for the cancellation!!!!  Cat Mad

kindness is strength